We’re building a digital insurer which is affordable, instant and inclusive.
We use machine learning, automation, our own technology stack and comprehensive data integrations to offer quicker, simpler and fairer insurance to customers. We’re trying to build the largest, most technological insurance company of our generation, and we’ve got a long-way to go!
Currently, despite only being founded 3.5 years ago, we are valued at over $300m and have raised $35m to date! We have also been named one of London’s best startups to work for in 2021, check out the article here.
We are a team of over 80, have over half a million customers, a 4.5* Trustpilot and are championed by amazing investors who have backed the likes of Monzo and Spotify.
You can find out about our culture and what working at Marshmallow is like here.
What you'll be doing 🤔
- You’ll be working on the product team which enables efficient automation for tens of thousands of policies and ensures that we can provide customers with affordable, instant and inclusive insurance
- Participate in setting the quarterly team OKRs
- Participate in technical scoping, estimation and briefs. We don’t believe in heavyweight processes and aspire to follow Agile principles. Whilst we borrow heavily from practices like Scrum and Kanban, also borrowing rituals from other high performing delivery teams we’re looking for engineers who are adaptable and open-minded
- You will work closely with the team’s product owner to understand requirements, build the solutions, deliver functionality, write automation tests, build continuous delivery pipelines all the way through to deployment, monitoring and supporting these systems in production
- You will help us evolve our architecture to optimise for product delivery speed with high confidence.
Who you are 🙋
- You are a self-starter who likes to take ownership
- You enjoy working as part of a team and owning the work you do
- You enjoy creating and managing processes
- You are curious and have a can-do attitude
- You are patient and stay calm under pressure
- You are organised and can be relied upon to get things done
- You enjoy working in a high growth/scaling environment
- You enjoy problem-solving and creating innovative solutions
- You have a continuous delivery mindset
Experiences that will help you succeed 🎓
- A bachelor’s degree of 2:1 or above
- Experience working in cross-functional teams in a metric-driven framework, ideally OKR’s
- 2+ years experience with Java 8+ & Spring
- Commercial experience with Microservices
- Commercial awareness of AWS
- Experience with ReactJS or other modern web frameworks
- Commercial experience with Terraform
- Worked in a high growth start-up environment
Our Tech Stack 💻
- Java 14 μServices
- Spring Boot with Spring Cloud
- Dynamo DB
- AWS Fargate
- Event Sourcing
- Neptune DB
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Learning and training (with at least 2 days a year for self development)📚
- Bi-weekly engineering presentation sessions 🎓
- Bi-annual hackathons 🍕
- Health insurance 🏥
- Pension 👵🏽
- Cycle to work scheme 🚲
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a video interview, a take home technical test, and a final virtual interview. We can be flexible with this process where needed.
- We will let you know if we are going to invite you to an interview or not. However, we are a small team so cannot provide feedback on your application