Who we are
TFG is the largest mobile game company in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. In 7 years, we have released over 60 games, including hits such as Sniper 3D, the leading FPS game on App Store and Google Play Store, and Colorfy, the world's most popular coloring app. Our games have been downloaded 1 billion times in 115 countries. The team started with two brothers, and now there are around 320 of us – and counting. To build the very best mobile games, we gather exceptional talent in software engineering, art and animation, product design and management, marketing and data science.
TFG is among the 10 largest mobile gaming companies in the world, the largest in Latin America. Throughout history, we have launched more than 70 titles and exceeded the 1 billion mark of downloads, ranking among the 20 largest app publishers in the world.
TFG was born in 2011 with two brothers, and today we are a team of over 350 people passionate about creating the best and most fun experiences for billions of players worldwide.
We are a Brazilian company with offices in Ireland and the United States, and we will not stop there.
We want to be a reference in technology in the world, developing incredible products that will impact generations. For this, we need to surround ourselves more and more with exceptional people who come and do this with us.
Backend engineers are responsible for defining the architecture and implementing systems with high availability and scalability which interact with millions of players across 115 countries and are essential to our games.
You will work with cutting edge technology in a highly skilled team. You will be expected to be proactive and autonomous about studying and bringing in new technology that are better suited to solve our problems.
Examples of projects developed and maintained by the team (can be found in github):
• Pitaya: Game server framework;
• Pusher: Massive push notification system for APNS and GCM;
• Maestro: Game room scheduler using Kubernetes;
What you will do:
• Design, implement, deploy and maintain systems which will be shared across our games. It is therefore essential to guarantee their scalability and availability. Some examples:
◦ Backend servers for our multiplayer games;
◦ Chat platform;
◦ Massive push notification service;
◦ Data collection service for Analytics.
• Development and monitoring of platforms on which we concentrate our current production stack (where we deploy all our systems);
• Detect and fix problems in production environment;
• Identify common demands from games, design and propose solutions which improve everything from our development process to the end user experience;
• Develop tools which facilitate the work of other teams and make them go faster;
• Contribute to the best practices of development, reliability and availability of our systems;
• Handle great volumes of data in real-time systems.
- Background in Computer Science or equivalent education or experience;
- Be curious, proactive and constantly seek knowledge;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Postgres;
- Experience solving problems and optimizing the performance of APIs;
- Experience developing and maintaining systems with high volume of requests;
- Passion for games.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.