fromAtoB is looking for a full-time Backend Engineer (DevOps) headquartered in Berlin.
Our mission is to help you find the best way to get from A to B. We are building a platform that integrates and analyses hundreds of routes and fares. Thanks to our deep understanding of transportation networks and strong relationships with providers, we are able to provide the best customer experience for your journey.
Every search, booking, payment and every other bit of logic we do, allows someone to travel. As a Backend Engineer (DevOps) at fromAtoB, your ambition and enthusiasm are required to convert people into happy travelers. In return, as one of our greatest assets, you will thrive from our friendly team spirit, personal growing and learning, and a culture where your achievements will always be acknowledged and highly valued.
- Build fromAtoB platform on top of Google Cloud Platform
- Spread the DevOps culture to other engineers
- Automate repeatable manual processes (and give support to our CI/CD practices)
- Do assertive and constructive code reviews
- Share your knowledge with your teammates
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams to ensure consistency across platforms and projects
- Continuously evaluate and align your code with and towards the higher-level architecture and goals
- Software development skills with experience in Shell, Python, Ruby or Golang
- Experience with containerization (with tools such as Docker and Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, configuration management, and infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with monitoring systems (such as Prometheus)
- Ability to work on self-managed projects
- Consumer-centric mindset
Nice to have
- You have experience with reliable and scalable distributed systems
- Experience with security would be a big plus
- Familiarity with database tuning
- Interest in big data systems
- 30 days of paid time off
- 20% discount on personal travel
- Flexible working hours and a casual working environment
- Amazing team atmosphere and international people from around the world
- Continuously evaluation and trial of new technologies to see if they can solve today's or tomorrows problems easier, simpler or better
- Fresh fruit & drinks
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to help anyone moving to Berlin from abroad
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We’d love to talk!
Please submit your complete application with salary expectations to join-our-team at fromatob.com or apply directly from our Career website.