Metabase is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our small team in San Francisco.
- Work on the “backend” of the Metabase application (written in Clojure), focused on delivering a robust RESTful api, a JSON based data query language, and growing list of pluggable data warehouse drivers
- Solve complex architectural problems that make it easy to deliver best in class analytics to everyday users
- Collaborate with other engineers on end-to-end design, build, and test of all new features of the product
- Be a contributing member of a public and actively developed open source project
- Help build a world class engineering team together with your peers. We are very active at including all team members in hiring
- Shape the growth of an exciting new approach to BI that isn’t purely for analysts
- Work hard and bring a positive attitude every day
- 3+ years as a senior software or principal engineer
- Strong background in data engineering and query languages (bonus for experience working on Database programming)
- Some experience in Open Source software development and delivery
- Knowledge of Clojure or interest in learning
- Solid CS background (either a CS program or School of Hard Knocks)
Passionate: You love solving problems and making things work. We want the most determined and passionate developers who are truly eager to help us redefine what BI software means
Meticulous: We like people who have a mind for details and take great pride in their craft. We expect you to like beautiful code (with comments!) and unit tests
Collaborative: You like working in an open team environment where everyone shares their work and participates together. We have no patience for big egos and we don’t need folks who prefer to work alone
Fun: We don’t want a stick in the mud! We like to work hard get things done, but we know how to kick back and have some fun too. We expect you to do the same ;)
We are excited to offer a full-time role with comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance. We offer pre-tax flexible spending accounts for both health and transportation.
Metabase is bringing data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We’re taking what we’ve learned building out the data infrastructure and analytics systems for Expa’s portfolio companies and releasing it to the world. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data as well as a suite of tools to deal with the complexity that arises as they grow.
We’re a small, engineering-led team and you’ll be joining at a pivotal time in the company. You’ll have amazing views from our beautiful downtown San Francisco office, great benefits and substantial equity in a venture funded company. You’ll get to work with a wide range of companies already using our product, and have exposure to new companies being formed at Expa. You’ll have a bird’s eye view of how the best repeat entrepreneurs work (including founders from Uber, Foursquare, AddThis).