) has developed a platform for intelligent edge processing and communications, real-time and intelligent discovery, interaction, and commerce with the physical world around you through native mobile apps, Internet of Things (IoT) and the web. This platform bridges a major gap in the marketplace by providing a comprehensive end-to-end solution with cutting edge apps, devices and technologies for consumers, enterprises and retailers. Veea is currently delivering products for a range of verticals including Smart Retail, Smart Transportation, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings. Veea's highly experienced management team and Board members, who have been instrumental in creation of well-known tech sector companies, are providing the required funding and strategic relationships to Veea.
Veea is headquartered in New York City's Upper East Side and is a fully funded by industry veterans and private equity funds. Most of the current team of 40+ engineers hold a PhD or Master's Degrees in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from top ranked universities. Veea currently has a number of openings to work alongside an experienced, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting company environment with a competitive compensation including early stage company stock options. Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing digital platform in a stimulating environment is the key attraction!
Veea is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for an experienced Backend engineer to join our development team who has a passion for delivering great mobile user experiences and working through complex problems.
Candidates should have strong but well-founded opinions on code style, structure, automated processes and product building, and should like to sweat over every little detail while being able to iterate quickly.
- Building scalable and distributed back-ends for Veea applications.
- Utilizing synchronous and asynchronous design, coding and testing patterns
- Developing the multi-tier scalable infrastructure for Veea products, that supports applications operating 24x7 in a reliable fashion
- Delivering programming commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for candidates with a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Operational Research or related fields and some relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
DESIRED & BENEFICIAL SKILLS
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Ability to work in teams and autonomously
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in Java or Scala
- Strong CS fundamentals, including good working knowledge of MVC or MVVM architecture patterns
- Strong knowledge in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, and problem solving
- Clear understanding of Java Play framework and good practical knowledge of Akka are highly valued
- Some experience with Apache Kafka and Hadoop/Spark is a plus
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
- Opportunity to work alongside a young, dynamic and talented team with experienced leadership in an exciting start up environment.
- Competitive compensation with an opportunities for early stage company stock options.
- Direct and meaningful involvement in building a game changing product in a fun and stimulating environment!