We are looking for a passionate manager to join Spotify’s Business Application Engineering (BAE) product area. Our mission is to disrupt and improve the way financial processes are implemented. Our team uses state-of-the art backend microservices to solve data integrations with key business impact, while navigating the landscape of compliance.
The work we do to build tools and integrations that serve Spotify is a key component in the ambitious goals of our Finance Engineering mission. This position is based in Stockholm and you will report to the Product Area Engineering Lead.
What you'll do
- Lead and coach a high performance, domain specialized team of backend engineers
- Partner with product management to formulate the technical vision, strategy, and roadmap for the integrations that power our financial systems
- Make sure that we can add business value and deliver what we promise, in line with our tech strategies and good practices
- Work closely with partners and senior leadership to make sure that we align our efforts for the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Write code with real financial impact, while navigating ITGC and SOX compliance
- Be an active voice in our engineering community across Spotify
- Be an active partner to your product and engineering peers as part of an effective leadership team for the product area
Who you are
- You have 2+ years of people management skills and know how to lead and grow a multidisciplinary team of engineers
- You care about trust, reliability, and responsible experimentation and have led large scale engineering efforts
- You have a passion for mentoring and coaching highly collaborative teams
- You have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- You know where the consumer tech industry and trends are heading and understand the trade-offs of existing solutions
- Desired experience:
- You have an engineering background with 5+ years of experience in software development
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.