Taboola is widely recognized as the world’s leading content discovery and distribution platform that now serves over 360 billion editorial and video recommendations to over 1 billion unique visitors every month.
Publishers, marketers, and agencies leverage Taboola's platform to retain users on their sites, monetize their traffic, and distribute their content to drive high-quality audiences. Taboola's technology analyzes real-time user data (such as geography, device type, referral source, collaborative filtering, and social media trends) to predict the top handful of items a user may want to consume next. Taboola's partners include a wide network of top tier publisher sites, including: MSN, NBC Universal, USA TODAY, Business Insider, Bloomberg and The Weather Channel.
Taboola is headquartered in New York City, and also has offices across the globe in Los Angeles, London, Tel Aviv, New Delhi, Bangkok, São Paulo, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul, Istanbul, and Tokyo. Our Los Angeles office is a tech-hub with Engineers working on an analytics product for publishers called Taboola Newsroom. It allows authors and editors in newsrooms to see how their articles are performing in real time. Authors can subscribe to actionable alerts to better track events that occur on their articles. Editors can see what is trending on the network, and run automated a/b headline tests on their homepages. The Taboola Newsroom product is written using the latest frontend technology stack including React, Redux and ES6. Our APIs are powered by Node JS and a Java backend that aggregates terabytes of Big Data from the network each day.
- Work in a SCRUM environment designing, coding, and managing integration projects from conception to completion
- Supervise at least two mid-level developers
- Develop backend services to support billions of page views for hundreds of millions of unique users generating terabytes of data each day
- You will work closely with our Product team to reach optimal technology solutions
- Drive the performance of backend applications for realtime processing of data
- BS/Master in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on Java coding
- Strong understanding of database concepts
- Experience with any of the following: Java, Python, Scala, Spring Framework, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Google Big Query, Cassandra
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, CVS or Subversion
- Thorough understanding of backend integration concepts and technologies such as web services, messaging, ESB and securities
- Experience developing models, algorithms and infrastructure to support large-scale data-mining and machine learning systems
#LI - AM1