General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The post holder of this role is responsible for the business development aspect of the bakeries program. Primary duties include identifying business opportunities, building and maintaining successful relationships with prospects and existing clients, collaborating with executives on business strategy to determine objectives, evaluating current business performance, and maximizing business reach and potential, providing a training to bakeries owner. The post holder will also provide upward support to the Deputy Programme Manager and play an integral part in the overall achievement of department results. Based both in GOAL’s offices and in the field, the Bakeries business plan officer position will report to the deputy program manager of the bakeries programme.
Duties, objectives and competencies
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties in relation to distributions:
· Conducting market research to identify new business opportunities.
· Collaborating with bakeries executives to determine the most viable, cost-effective approach to pursue new business opportunities.
· Work with the bakery Manager to provide cohesive analytical support on bakery financial analyses that drive the business support decisions.
· Analyzing financial data and developing effective strategies to reduce business costs and increase contracted bakeries profits.
· Negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
· Collaborate with design and production teams to ensure contracted bread specifications are executed on-time and as agreed.
· Recruiting, training, and guiding business development staff.
You may be expected to work in accordance with the organization’s overtime policies.
The nature of your role will require you to travel within the area that your team covers. However, from time to time you may be expected to travel outside that area as the job role requires. Taking into consideration that the working period within the week will be from Saturday to Thursday and only Friday will be a day-off.
· Hard working
· On time
· Respectful of the community and other staff members
· Thorough in maintaining documents
· Represents GOAL in a professional manner
· Previous experience working in Humanitarian Action / for an INGO.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is :
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behavior protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behavior of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply is: 7th March 2021.