AdvancePierre Foods, a leader in the food industry, is a rapidly growing company that values a talented, diverse and dedicated workforce. We have an opening for Bakery Production Supervisor. Our rapid growth allows us to provide a wide array of developmental opportunities, and we reward associates who are results-oriented, live up to their commitments, and who can align their work activities with the goals of the organization.
GREAT BENEFITS! (Medical, Dental, 401K Match) COMPETITIVE SALARY!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
The Bakery Supervisor will be responsible for assigned area of manufacturing operations, including production, packaging, and/or processing of ingredient or finished product. Responsible for the effective utilization of employees, equipment and materials, training, facilitation of Continuous Improvement, production, quality, housekeeping, safety, policy administration, employee relations, performance enhancements, cost control, problem solving, and goals/objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directly supervises and follows up on scheduled work with all employees in assigned area of responsibility and in the Manufacturing Department if the need arises.
- Reviews production schedule for needs and accuracy.
- Ensures equipment availability and proper operation throughout the shift.
- Ensures correct usage of raw materials throughout the shift.
- Adheres to Quality Control (QC) policy and food safety requirements.
- Be trained and provide training on the HACCP program requirements. Validate production employees are verifying the requirements and comply with the program and the results are properly documented.
- Ensures equipment and work area for proper sanitation, condensation control, etc.
- Ensures consistent product quality throughout the total process.
- Responsible for understanding, communicating, and following General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) during operations.
- Take immediate action on any General Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) deficiencies.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up all Continuous Improvement opportunities with all supporting departments.
- Develops and facilitates personal and team goals and objectives and continually reports CI progress.
- Continuously communicates performance review and feedback of strengths and weaknesses to all employees.
- Responsible for timely employee performance reviews.
- Interviews prospective candidates through the job posting procedures.
- Responsible for the training of all new employees in proper methods and procedures to perform job. Continues to develop and lead employees with on-going training.
- Reviews errors with employees and applies “performance enhancements” if needed.
- Ensures all equipment and work area is free of all hazards.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up on all suggested safety improvements.
- Initiates, facilitates, and follows up training of all safety procedures. Completes all appropriate reports and follows up with corrective action.
- Responsible for understanding, communicating, and leading evacuation procedures.
- Completes and keeps current all employee transaction forms.
- Prepares and/or reviews various operational reports, line efficiency, daily uptime, materials variance, etc., and continuously communicates to line employees.
- Develops and ensures method of real-time communication for communicating line performance measurements to all team line employees.
- Verification of all production data collection.
- Follows established policy in areas of job assignments, performance enhancements, benefits, etc. Checks with Department Manager and/or Human Resource Department for clarification if needed.
- Recommends to Human Resources policies that need to be reviewed and/or changed.
- Administers attendance policy.
- Informs all employees of work standards and policies.
- Applies Correction Action process when work standards, safety policies, or GMP’s are violated.
- Responsible for the timely response to any appeals in the Corrective Action process.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement and Total Quality Management (TQM).
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- High School graduate.
- Prefer college graduate or some college with supervisory work experience.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement/TQM desired.
f you are interested in this great opportunity with a competitive salary, please apply now!