The Banner Database Administrator (DBA) will be a key contributor to planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of the ERP system Ellucian Banner and all components such as: Banner 9, ESM, DegreeWorks, ODS, EDW, Workflow, BDMS / XtenderSolutions, UC4, BEP, and EEI. You will install, configure, and maintain Oracle-based technologies and any required technologies in support of Banner and its components. You will be critical in the coordination of physical and logical changes to enterprise databases and applications. The Banner DBA may also serve as a primary point of contact between the ERP Database group and functional users; serve as the primary point of contact for data interfaces with outside entities and technical support resources; support the Director of Enterprise Systems in the execution of all principal functions of the Enterprise Systems group.
- Coordinate efforts to ensure Banner and Oracle environment operates in accordance with established security and support best practices (including troubleshooting and resolution Oracle database and application server problems). Coordinate support activities in accordance with establish priorities, track progress involving external resources (including coordination of Go/No-Go decisions on significant and upgrades for Oracle and Banner). Coordinate efforts with assessment, remediation and implementation of best practices for Banner and Oracle environment (including assurance of version control over Oracle and Banner-specific software on database servers and application servers).
- Application of patches and upgrades and coordination user testing for Banner. Serve as primary point of contact for Banner and Oracle operations, including off- hours (best effort) troubleshooting and resolution of technical problems for Banner and Oracle.
- Maintenance and synchronization of four instances of Oracle/Banner: production (PROD), test (TEST), development (DVLP) and backup/recovery (RECO). Maintenance and synchronization of three instances of Oracle: production, test, and backup/recovery. Installation of new release versions of Oracle-related software applications – control promotion from DVLP to TEST to PROD.
- Develop and track action items for Banner and Oracle support efforts.
- Maintenance of user access lists for Oracle/Banner and Oracle functional permissions (system security).
- Creation and maintenance of documentation of standard operating procedures for Enterprise Group functions. Development and administration of Banner training sessions aimed at module owners keeping them up .
- Liaise with Programmer & Functional Analyst staff to help coordinate Banner and database related efforts and efficient service operations. Assist with agenda organization and provide IT updates at Banner Users Group meetings.
- May be required to be available for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 ERP support team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other STEM related discipline.
- Minimum 4+ years of technical experience working in a Higher Education environment and specifically using Ellucian Banner with Oracle.
- Knowledge and skill in Ellucian Banner, Linux, and Oracle database architecture, SQL, and Oracle applications development tools.
- Specific knowledge of the following:
- Operational Data Storage (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Ellucian Banner ERP, Banner 9/XE Administration, Banner Enterprise Identity Services (BEIS), Single Sign-on Configuration/Support (SSO), Degree Works, BDM, RMAN, Automic Applications Manager (formerly known as UC4), Ellucian Solution Manager (ESM), Application Navigator, Appworks, WebLogic, Tomcat
- Shell scripting
- Ability to work effectively with end-users and teammates, to gain their confidence, to understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions
- Work independently and multitask, prioritize tasks, and execute without constant supervision
- Workflow automation of common repeatable Oracle & RHEL tasks
- Knowledge Management
- Knowledge of relational database design – normalization, optimization, etc. Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge and skill in creating and administering technical training sessions for college administrators, faculty, and staff. Assist and orient users in the correct operations of new and existing applications.
- Effective interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Participate in creation of both technical and user manuals for new and existing applications.
- Experience designing business based solutions to support the functions in various business units, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and varied assignments in a timely manner. Must be well organized and able to keep meticulous records.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all levels of the organization with varying levels of understanding.
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for technology systems and processes.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and associated scripts.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Ability to conduct research into administrative system issues and products as required.
- Knowledge of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Benefits of a CampusWorks Contract Consultancy:
CampusWorks contract consultants partner with our clients to provide solutions that promote positive change for campuses to reach their full potential. If you are looking to expand your experience and impact, grow a portfolio of projects, or leverage your expertise and experience in a new way, CampusWorks contractor projects could be your best career move.
CampusWorks contracted consultants experience:
· Collaboration: CampusWorks fosters a collaborative environment where you can work with other talented professionals on projects that align with your interests and expertise.
· Flexibility: Whether you have your own business, prefer selective work periods, or seek work-from-home opportunities, we offer flexible assignments to suit your needs and goals.
· Impactful Projects: As a partner in our HappyCampus community, you will have access to dynamic and challenging projects, making positive changes for the clients we serve.
· Variety: The needs of our clients are likely to vary, adding some diversity to your daily tasks while allowing you to grow a variety of different skills.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics: