The Banner Programmer will serve as primary point of contact between the Enterprise Systems group and functional users; serve as the primary point of contact for data interfaces with outside entities and technical support resources; support the Director of Enterprise Systems in the execution of all principal functions of the Enterprise Systems group, assuming the role in the absence of the Director.
Employment Status: 1099 Contract Consultant
- Create and design scripts and programs to enhance processes
- Design coding standards, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies
- Analyze business user needs and develop strategies to meet needs
- Create and deploy data queries for ad hoc reporting
- Create data models and protocols for production databases
- Develop data management policies and procedures
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications
- Lead integration initiatives for 3rd party products
- May be required to be available for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a ERP support team
- Knowledge and skill in creating and administering technical training sessions for college administrators, faculty, and staff. Assist and orient users in the correct operations of new and existing applications.
- Effective interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Participate in creation of both technical and user manuals for new and existing applications.
- Experience designing business based solutions to support the functions in various business units, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple, complex and varied assignments in a timely manner. Must be well organized and able to keep meticulous records.
- Ability to create and maintain detailed testing plans and associated scripts.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
- Ability to conduct research into administrative system issues and products as required.
- Ability to be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent experience
- Implementation knowledge and skills in Ellucian Banner 9, specifically with the HR/Payroll module
- Preferred knowledge and skills in Java, Groovy, GIT, Banner SSB 9, Banner Extensibility Page Builder, and Ellucian Admin Page experience
- Ellucian product knowledge of the following: Degree Works, BDM, Workflow, ESM, CPoS, EIS, Recruit, Advise, and 3rd party application integration
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data and to clearly and effectively communicate technical information to individuals at all levels of the organization with varying levels of understanding
- Strong ability to develop and maintain detailed documentation for technology systems and processes
Benefits of a CampusWorks Contract Consultancy:
CampusWorks contract consultants partner with our clients to provide solutions that promote positive change for campuses to reach their full potential. If you are looking to expand your experience and impact, grow a portfolio of projects, or leverage your expertise and experience in a new way, CampusWorks contractor projects could be your best career move.
CampusWorks contracted consultants experience:
· Collaboration: CampusWorks fosters a collaborative environment where you can work with other talented professionals on projects that align with your interests and expertise.
· Flexibility: Whether you have your own business, prefer selective work periods, or seek work-from-home opportunities, we offer flexible assignments to suit your needs and goals.
· Impactful Projects: As a partner in our HappyCampus community, you will have access to dynamic and challenging projects, making positive changes for the clients we serve.
· Variety: The needs of our clients are likely to vary, adding some diversity to your daily tasks while allowing you to grow a variety of different skills.
Notice to all Applicants:
Please click on the links below for more information on these important topics: