START DATE: June 5, 2023
END DATE: August 11, 2023
The Baseball Systems Intern position will be a contributing member of the baseball operations software development team, and is responsible for the design and development of software solutions. This individual must have the ability to learn quickly and iterate toward good solutions. Asking questions, taking initiative, being persistent, and paying attention to details are all important qualities for this internship.
This internship is for current college or graduate students pursuing a degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or another similar field of study.
- Create leading-edge baseball solutions together with the software development team and others on new and existing baseball systems
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the software architecture and embrace a software engineering mindset
- Actively participate with other software developers in design reviews, code reviews, and other best practices
- Identify and implement creative solutions for technical challenges
- TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Some experience with SQL and database design
- Some experience with design and documentation, testing and debugging, code reviews, and source control
- GENERAL SKILLS:
- High level of attention to detail
- Comfortable working remotely when required and using remote communication tools such as Slack and Trello
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Excellent time management skills
- An understanding of baseball, common terms, and analytic measures, is a plus
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.