This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for development of controls and algorithms for stationary storage applications
- Develop ground-up software modules as needed including software subsystem architecture and controls
- Apply coding standards in the creation, unit testing, & review of your code/models
- Integrate model-based code for testing in a MiL & HiL test setup. Develop test vectors, including corner cases. Test and document results
- Transition between C-programming and Model Based Design (Matlab/Simulink)
- Collaborate with firmware engineers to integrate application-layer software into the embedded software platform
- Collaborate with electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and in the storage system
- Assess input & output constraints to best develop sensor/measurement scheduling
- Collaborate with system engineers to interpret requirements
- Participate in code-design reviews
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical engineering
- Strong understanding of electrical dynamics and battery behavior
- 5+ yrs. experience in Controls Software Development/Testing
- 5+ yrs. experience in MATLAB/Simulink based simulation, controls development, code generation, debugging and model testing
- Experience coding in C/C++
- Understanding of Electric Vehicle Propulsion or Grid Energy Storage Systems
- Strong understanding of GIT & Jira workflow
This is where you'll work:
Department: Energy Storage Systems
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rivian is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rivian are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rivian will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Rivian encourages applicants of all ages.