Help Us Shape the Future of Healthcare
At League, we’re big on building connections - both through our product and with each other. Our platform is consumer centric, personalized and always on. It’s a front door to healthcare that empowers people to live healthier, happier lives. Every day.
When you feel connected to our mission, values and the work you do, you’re driven to perform your best every day. When you feel connected to people you work with, you’re able to build meaningful relationships that last. Together, we share the ultimate goal of delivering better health outcomes for everyone.
The world has changed, and so has the way we work. We believe you can work where you work best (whether it’s in the office all the time, a few days a week, or none of the time), and still feel connected to our mission, values, purpose, and each other. League is headquartered in Toronto with a second office in Chicago and we believe in empowering Leaguers to work their way—anywhere that works for them in Canada and the US.
All Leaguers have League life moments – moments in our careers that connect us to League’s mission and values, to each other and to our amazing work – every day.
Will your first League life moment be meeting our team? We can’t wait to meet you.
As a Benefits Consultant, you are responsible for managing customer benefit plans while enabling League’s products to employers, including health insurance, spending and savings accounts, ancillary benefits, and wellness strategies. You will creatively make recommendations to senior decision makers at forward-thinking employers to help them build a culture of health - and give their employees personalized health coverage. You will also contribute to a wide variety of projects involving the design, financing, and delivery of League’s benefit programs - while helping build a market leading franchise in health benefits across the country.
In this role, you will:
- Own and support Advisory customer relationships with employers as a key advisor on their health, welfare, and benefit programs
- Identify strategic opportunities for multi-year benefits strategy, cost mitigation, and expansion of services
- Promptly and accurately respond to clients’ requests through utilization of technical expertise in the health benefits field
- Administer marketing and renewal functions including preparation of requests for proposals
- Review contracts, summary plan descriptions, agreements, and other as part of annual benefits requirements
- Keep up to date with changing market conditions and innovations in the industry
- Understand and communicate health and welfare compliance requirements
- Effectively manage project timelines and annual service calendars
- Support with escalated issues
- Develop and coordinate material for Open Enrollment implementation and launch
- Collaborate with Principals for forward thinking innovation and application of League’s philosophy for consumer driven healthcare
- Mentor more junior team members and act as an individual contributor on the team through financial analysis, plan design structure, peer review, vendor coordination, and customer delivery
- Special projects as assigned which include involvement in strategy development, client presentations, team training, and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of health insurance or related industry experience
- Licensed insurance agent for health benefits
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Group Benefits Associate (GBA) or working towards it (applicable to US only)
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or working towards it (applicable to US only)
At League, everyone is welcome. Diversity makes us better, and we believe in building diversity across cultural identity, gender, sexual orientation, age and education, thought and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Here are some additional resources to learn more about League: