At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create something awesome. And that's where you come in.
What you will be doing:
- Direct the creation, improvement, and distribution of educational software proposals for both solicited and unsolicited RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs
- Interact with Sales, Product Development, Marketing, Finance, and potentially other areas of the Company to create persuasive proposals that effectively and clearly position Instructure’s solutions to meet the needs of clients and prospects
- Help develop the proposal writing processes to make sure there is a clean, precise system in place for all proposals
- Manage several proposals simultaneously in a relatively high volume and often short turn around atmosphere
- Facilitate all aspects of project management for proposals, from analysis and requirements documentation, to solution definition, team and content provider identification, project planning, meeting facilitation, draft development, and final proposal production and delivery
- Ensure all content provider author/task assignments are identified, assigned, and delivered on time and to spec, with precise, complete, and approved draft content that meets all technical and business proposal requirements
- Help maintain our proposal database to make sure all material being used remains updated to latest product versions. This content must be precise, thorough, and compliant with any legal standards internally or externally
- Gain expert level feature, function, and position knowledge of company products, offerings, and industry specific terms and knowledge.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in English, Creative Writing, Print Journalism, Public Relations, or another writing focused field)
- Minimum3 years experience in technical writing or proposal writing with the most experience in developing proposal responses for requests utilizing company templates and proposal writing processes
- Experience writing compelling documents or proposals in a collaborative environment
- Project management experience strongly desired. Effectively manage the proposal process, from helping to define the solution and response strategy, to managing and reconciling the input of different experts within our organization, owning the final/overall response plan, and ensuring final proposal is delivered on time and according to desired requests
- Must have familiarity with sales process, including experience working with sales organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to own and manage a project with multiple participants
- Provide consistent status reports on proposals to sales team
- Excellent Microsoft Word skills, solid knowledge of Excel, and creating PDFs
- Must be organized, flexible, and self-directed to meet deadlines
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure!
- Excellent benefits and perks, because we want you to be happy and healthy: fully paid private medical insurance, pension, life assurance, personal travel insurance, contribution to fitness/welfare, study assistance, study leave, charity leave and more
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from people that are not in the HR or marketing department :)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays and flexible work schedules
- iMacs or Macbooks
- Most importantly, you get to work with a tight knit team who embrace innovation and are committed to being excellent at what they do
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be. And when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.