As a Big Data Consultant, you will report to the Practice Lead, Data Science & Engineering. You will create modern data solutions for clients including data ingestion/data pipeline design and implementation, designing data warehouse & data lake architectures and dashboarding/visualizations. You will need to understand cloud services and software development processes.
This position is 100% remote with up to 50% travel required (post-COVID).
- Design end-to-end modern data platforms for analytics and AI use cases for multiple clients simultaneously
- Design data ingestion, data storage, data modeling, data virtualization, self-service data preparation and analytics pipelines
- Develop customer solutions for data privacy and security
- Create workload orchestration using common tools like Jenkins, Airflow and MLFlow
- Develop strategic roadmaps and project plans based on customer goals
- Document and present recommendations to customers, including senior leadership
- Work with Big Data Engineers to translate requirements into LOE estimates, design documents and project plans
- Implement customer roadmaps in coordination with Big Data Engineers
- Be the technical liaison between customers and engineering teams; communicate complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand non-technical language
- Work with Project Managers to set customer expectations, drive alignment, and coordinate timelines
- Support pre-sales engineers in proposal design and positioning
- Mentor Big Data Engineers and more junior consultants
- Support Data Science & Engineering process improvement initiatives
- Support Data Science & Engineering recruiting efforts by participating on interview panels
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing creative data solutions leveraging the latest in Big Data frameworks, especially from AWS
- 5+ years experience architecting solutions for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional sources such as structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data using SQL, NoSQL and data pipelines for real-time, streaming, batch and on-demand workloads
- 3+ years experience with analytics/data management strategy formulation, architectural blueprinting, and business case development SQL, Database, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and Development skills
- Experience with AWS services like S3, Redshift, Athena, EMR, Glue, and Quicksight
- Experience with Dashboarding and Reporting Tools used in the Industry (Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience leading teams, training, and mentoring more junior team members
- Experience with implementation of data security, encryption, PII/PSI legislation, identity and access management across sources and environments
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Casual work environment
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.