As a Big Data Engineer, you will report to the Practice Lead, Data Science & Engineering and work with our Big Data Consultants to build data pipelines, data warehouses and dashboards. You will help our customers build modern data solutions on the AWS stack.
This position is 100% remote with up to 50% travel required (post-COVID).
- Under the supervision of Big Data Consultants, work with multiple clients simultaneously to implement enterprise-wide scalable operations on AWS
- Validate technical plans and time estimates for customers with Big Data Consultants
- Build complex ETL codeBuild complex SQL queries using MongoDB, Oracle, SQL Server, MariaDB, MySQL, Redshift, Athena
- Develop code using Python, Scala, PySparkWork with technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, etc.
- Build complex Data Engineering workflows
- Create complex data solutions and build data pipelines
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Capture and share industry best practices amongst the broader community
- 2+ years design & implementation experience with distributed applications
- 2+ years of experience in database architectures and data pipeline development
- Strong experience working with loading, extracting data from Glue, SQL, DDL, DML commands
- Experience handling unstructured, semi-structured data, working in a data lake environment
- Data streaming and developing data pipelines driven by events/queues a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with IT management, and developers
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Casual work environment
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.