The Big Data platform engineer is a key position in the Digital Operations team supporting the data platforms for both the connected vehicle, web, and backoffice services.
This is a hands-on position and candidates should demonstrate deep technical capabilities around setup, design, and scale out of large noSQL, Hadoop, Spark, and other similar Big Data platforms. This position will work hand in hand with the developers and Enterprise Architecture team to evaluate use cases, design solutions, build, and support the infrastructure stack and Big Data services.
The position reports to the Director – Cloud Infrastructure
· 8-10 years of relevant database or cloud platform experience
· BS or higher in Computer Science or a related technology field.
· Hands on expert (5+ years) in Big Data technologies such as the Hadoop ecosystem and ELK
· Experience building and scaling MongoDB with sharding on cloud platforms
· Familiar with CI/CD pipelines
· Extensive experience with messaging/queuing technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ).
· Strong knowledge of API and RESTful Web Services development
· Ability to script in at least 2 languages (Python, Perl, Bash, Pig)
· Working knowledge using automation tools for deployment and configuration management (Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Puppet, Jenkins,)
· Understanding of container technologies such as Docker
· Excellent full stack system-level thinking
· Experience supporting distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment
· Some travel may be required
· Ability to speak Mandarin a plus
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Big Data Platform Engineer job post.✕