Qubole is a simple, open, and secure Data Lake Platform for machine learning, streaming, and ad-hoc analytics. Our platform provides end-to-end services that reduce the time and effort required to run Data pipelines, Streaming Analytics, and Machine Learning workloads on any cloud. No other platform offers the openness and data workload flexibility of Qubole while lowering cloud data lake costs by over 50 per cent. Qubole customers process nearly an exabyte of data every month. Qubole investors include Charles River, Institutional Venture Partners, Lightspeed, Norwest, Harmony and Singtel Innov8.
High quality and comprehensive customer support is one of the core strengths of the Qubole team. As a member of our Technical Support team - you will interact with users of Qubole Data Services (QDS) via Support Tickets, Chat, Email or Phone. Support issues range all the way from simple queries about the product, to questions around achieving specific technical objectives, to responding to and troubleshooting operational issues. Customers depend on Qubole to run their business - and our Technical Support team is the most important part of providing that assurance.
What you'll be doing
- Provide resolutions and/ or Workaround to customer queries/ issue as appropriate
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements are met for each assigned incident
- Reproduce customer issues for diagnosis/ further analysis, passing acknowledged Service errors to Engineering team for fixing and QA
- Complete Ownership: Track Support issues through to closure upon complete agreement with Customers at all times
- Willing to assist Solutions (Professional Services) team and other teams within the Company when needed or as situation demands
- Visit Customers when needed
- Be involved in Knowledge Sharing (Knowledge Base Articles, Documentation, Forums, Blogs, etc...)
- Exhibit continuous improvement on technical knowledge and problem resolution skills and strive for excellence
Required experiences and skills
- 3 - 8 years of experience in Technical/ Application Support
- Bachelors degree in CS/Eng required, masters/ Ph.D. a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and write SQL - and understanding of one of Relational Databases such as MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, SQL Server
- Comfortable with Linux with ability to write small scripts in Bash/Python. Ability to grapple with log files and unix processes
- Ability to learn complex new things quickly
- Occasional involvement in support over weekends/ early/ late shifts (6AM-10PM window at worst - working remotely)
- Be a team player with an ability to work under pressure with good time management skills
Having these will set you apart as a candidate
- Knowledge of Java/Python
- Knowledge of AWS and related concepts like EC2, S3, ELB, VPC etc.
- Experience with Hadoop/Hive and/or related technologies like Cassandra etc.
- Experience supporting multi-tiered applications
Qubole is hitting that growth inflection point where we need talented people to help us scale up. Our company culture is special, and we are looking for people to join us who want to continue building a great company while going after the big data activation market.
Culture at Qubole
Trust and Autonomy: We absolutely pride ourselves on the lack of bureaucracy at work, and believe in delegating power and responsibility, aggressively to our employees.
Transparency and Teamwork: Complete transparency in all our thoughts and actions is integral to our genetic character, and it helps us to stick together and function effectively as a team.
Who Thrives: If you are a self-starter and thrive on complexity and independence and truly understand and live the tenets of humility, hunger and honesty and you will love Qubole.
Qubole is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Qubole does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Qubole also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.