Bitnami Cloud Sysadmin Bootcamp 2016 Autumn Edition
September 5th - 16th 2016
The Bitnami cloud system administration bootcamp is a fast-paced 10 day course that provides you with the knowledge and practical skills you need to automate the installation and management of server software, with an emphasis in the cloud. You will learn directly from developers and system administrators responsible for systems that manage tens of thousands of servers. At the end of the course, if you have performed well, we will make you a job offer to join Bitnami. In other words, if you are passionate about Linux, Open Source and Cloud you should seriously consider applying.
When and where will the training take place?
The course will take place from September 5th to September 16th, 2016, and will be given in-person at the Bitnami Seville office at Avda República Argentina 31B. The classes will take place from 9am - 2pm then we will break for lunch and in the afternoon we will have time for hands-on practice, typically until 6 - 7pm. We plan to have some guest instructors for specific topics and some of those classes may happen in the afternoon.
Who are you?
Bitnami is a startup working to change how people install and manage server software, making it easier than ever for everyone to run their favorite apps and development frameworks. We are the top provider of applications for the Amazon and Microsoft Azure clouds and we get over 1MM new deployments of our apps every month.
We are headquartered in San Francisco with an additional office in Seville, Spain. We have investors , including Ycombinator, which has also funded highly successful companies such as Dropbox and Heroku. We are profitable and growing at a rapid pace. You can learn more about us on our about page.
How much does it cost?
You do not need to pay anything to attend the course. You will be getting world-class training that otherwise would cost thousands of dollars, for free.
Why are you doing this?
Very simple: we need to recruit a large number of developers and system administrators for our Seville office. Since what we do is cutting edge, it is difficult to find local candidates with the right set of skills and experience. We are putting this course together to provide those skills. Hopefully, we do a good job and we can hire those of you that are interested.
What will be covered?
The following areas will be covered:
- Linux system administration: from the basics (shell scripting) to advanced topics such as performance tuning.
- Security administration: SSL/TLS, ssh, control access
- Server deployment: Apache, nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Server application deployment: Java, PHP, Python, Ruby and NodeJS runtimes
- Cloud deployment on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Containers deployment with Docker
- Modern software development with Phabricator, GIT
Which language will be used during the lectures?
The written material will be primarily English. The classes themselves will be given in Spanish. You are expected to have a good working knowledge of technical English to attend the course. This is the reason why we are providing this website in English. If you can read this okay, then you should be fine.
What do you expect from me?
- You are serious about this: There is a limited amount of space, so we ask that you only apply if you intend to attend if selected.
- Proficient in Linux: You need to be comfortable with the Linux command line. At the very minimum we expect you to have the knowledge contained in the free Linux course from the Linux Foundation.
- You have the time: This is a full time course that will require you to study material before the class as well as perform exercises after class, so it will not be compatible with either classes or work. What past participants have done is take vacation to attend the course.
What do you offer me?
At the end of the training program, you will have highly valuable technical knowledge and skills. In addition to this, we will make you a job offer to join Bitnami if you have shown the level of skill and motivation we’re looking for. We offer a competitive salary and benefits and you will be working with an international team in an intellectually stimulating environment in a fast growing company.
You can learn more about what it is like to work at Bitnami on our careers page.
I know somebody who would be interested in this!
Please refer him or her to this page and help us spread the word through Twitter, Facebook.
What if I already know everything in this course?
Then please drop us a line, we definitely want to talk to you :)
Please email us at [email protected] with any questions, comments or ideas for improvement.
This all sounds great! How do I apply?
Click on the button below to use our online submission system. Due to the high number of submissions received, we will process a selection process and contact you with the next steps.
This job has been filled or removed by Bitnami.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Bitnami Cloud Sysadmin Bootcamp - Spain job post.✕