LiveCA LLP is Canada’s largest online Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm serving customers in every province. We’re a 80 person (and growing!) remote team who work closely together through online tools like Slack and Zoom.
We’re a customer service firm first and an accounting firm second. We’re incredibly focused on serving our customers and what matters to us is not the cut of your suit, but how you approach problems, offer solutions, and contribute to the team. We don’t believe in billing by the hour and expect that everyone will contribute to providing value to our clients.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Bookkeeping role will be responsible for delivering a client-centric journey with a focus on creating a great client experience that results in happy clients who trust and value us. The Bookkeeper will do this by understanding their clients financial position inside and out and delivering quality work so that our clients can make decisions in a timely manner based on real time data.
THIS JOB IS FOR YOU IF:
Attention to detail - You are thorough in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Adaptability - You have an interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, with an openness to learning new tools and adapting to how you work.
Drive - You want to grow as a professional and as a person. You are a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Team Player - You see yourself as part of a team and understand that your efforts impact others.
Accountability - You are able to manage client expectations and do what you say you will do. You only produce work that you are proud to put your name on.
Dedication - Your perseverance of effort combined with the passion for a particular long-term goal allow you to understand and influence the bigger picture.
FULL CYCLE BOOKKEEPING
- Reviews bookkeeping work completed by outsourced bookkeeping partner
- Manages all bookkeeping-related communication between clients, LiveCA team members, and our outsourced bookkeeping partner
- Provides timely responses to client questions and manages client expectations
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts, including but not limited to cash, bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses, accounts receivable, accounts payable, accrued liabilities and intercompany and POS/system uploads
- Reconciliation of bank balances and credit card transactions as needed
- Processing of sales and purchase invoices
- Recording ad hoc adjusting entries on a regular basis
- GST/HST spreadsheet tracking and filings
- Prepare the month end in a timely manner.
- Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, and discuss with Manager and/or outsourced bookkeeping partner to develop resolutions
- Working with dynamic and growing clients, other related duties may be assigned in support of client needs.
- Develop and improve bookkeeping procedures
- Provide support to other Bookkeepers in areas such as software, workflows, and technical accounting, finance and tax related to bookkeeping.
- Involvement in the hiring process, which may include participation in trial work days and interview process for candidates.
- Contribute to innovation, which may include initiating process improvement, documenting new or updated procedures, developing standardized templates and collaborating with the larger team on such initiatives.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently, with little supervision, but willing to ask questions or obtain assistance when needed.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Expert knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to quickly become comfortable with, various accounting programs, especially Xero and QuickBooks, is required.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs required.
- Proficient with Google Suite of applications.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task competing priorities.
- You have a passion for excellent client services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others towards a common goal.
- Experience with Cloud accounting and payroll applications and integrations would be an asset.
- Experience working with an outsourced bookkeeping team would be an asset.
SKILL LEVELS WITHIN THE ROLE
Employees will have the opportunity to grow and develop while performing the responsibilities of this position. As a Bookkeeper, you will be given an opportunity to grow through three levels of expertise as you gain experience and demonstrate increased proficiency in carrying out the responsibilities of the role:
- Experienced Bookkeeper
- Senior Bookkeeper
Although these three levels require the Bookkeeper to work on similar tasks, the level of proficiency with which a Bookkeeper carries out their responsibilities will increase greatly at each level and as a Bookkeeper moves to the next level of expertise they will have demonstrated an ability to operate with less oversight on a broader range of the responsibilities of the role.
The Senior Bookkeeper will be responsible for devoting more time to supporting newer team members and participating in trial work days. Where the average bookkeeper would see about 10% of the “other” duties, a Senior Bookkeeper may spend approximately 20% of their time in these areas.
To be considered for promotion to a new skill level, you will be required to demonstrate a solid understanding of the current job requirements, an ability to carry out your responsibilities on an increasingly consistent basis with minimal errors, and the following:
- You have a solid technical capacity, sound business sense and creative mind that have earned a reputation of providing excellence in customer service.
- Require minimal supervision on a broader range of the role’s responsibilities, and little to no supervision on the now-routine tasks.
- Excellent client service skills with the desire and ability to deeply understand our clients’ businesses.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive and taking ownership for personal professional development.
- Consistently deliver when managing multiple commitments.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Learn how business needs are changing and consider the impact on services provided.
- Is a strong teacher, and can help others learn and grow within the team.
- Anticipate the needs of others and take appropriate action.
- Embrace diverse perspectives and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
Keep learning forever - We have weekly team meetings and provide immediate feedback to ensure we’re always learning from one another.
Be treated right - We understand that the best ideas and the most refined work is completed in a respectful and collaborative environment. Negativity has no place here.
Remote friendly - Want to head out on an adventure? Grab your laptop and head off on a workcation - just make sure to take some pictures!
Excellent benefits - Our generous benefits package covers everything from dental to massages. You shouldn’t spend any time worrying about essential medical costs. It’s covered.
LiveCA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout the recruitment, assessment and selection process. If selected to participate in the process, please inform the Company of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.