We are looking for a passionate Brand Activations Manager for the Sub-Saharan Africa region. In this role, you will lead the strategy, production and distribution of content for all on-the-ground activations and digital storytelling in the region.
The ideal candidate for this role is a creative hybrid, has pan-African experience, and a strong activations/eventing background and experience in driving initiatives forward. Most importantly, you have fun at work and a desire to make a positive impact for music fans and audio listeners.
What You'll Do
- Lead on-the-ground brand projects as part of the SSA content marketing team
- Collaborate with other Spotify SSA teams - Media, Music, Podcasts, Comms as well as global teams on key projects
- Project-plan the activation and content from ideation to creation and distribution, including management of calendars and budgets
- Oversee production standards & delivery on all activations and content marketing projects.
- Have a stronghold on financial planning for projects and resources in the most efficient manner
- Display execution mastery to be able to identify the most efficient ways to deliver impactful brand presence and storytelling at scale
- Strong cross-cultural communications and the ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Analyze the music & podcast business, category, culture and the consumer to give the best solutions ensuring internal quality standards are met
- Lead all aspects of project management from brief to delivery
- Drive Spotify design standards on all brand, content and activations produced
Who You Are
- You come with a minimum of 7-8+ years' proven experience across multiple markets in SSA
- You are able to navigate between many partners in ambiguous environments
- You craft and produce great activations and content projects on the ground and on digital
- Identify key activations moments and opportunities for Spotify
- You have extensive experience building, leading, and handling a production partner network
- Proficient in the broader digital media landscape
- Excellent project management, problem solving, critical thinking, negotiation, organization and prioritization skills
Where You'll Be
- This role will be based in our Johannesburg office
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.