We all depend on healthcare throughout our lifetimes, for ourselves, and our families and friends, but it is notoriously difficult to navigate and understand. As an industry that comprises 20% of the US economy we think healthcare should work better for all of us. At Collective Health we believe it’s time for a new day in healthcare where as members we are informed and empowered to make the right care choices when the decisions are urgent and critical.
Collective Health's mission is to transform people’s healthcare experience from confusing and complicated, to empowering and trustworthy. To help us communicate this vision for the future of healthcare, we’re looking for an experienced and creative Brand Design Lead / Art Director to join our growing Marketing team. You'll help drive and scale our brand and design across all marketing touch-points and will take the lead on a variety of projects—from defining brand visuals and systems to developing compelling advertising, events, and OOH campaigns to designing the best responsive web experiences to crafting premium print collateral and everything in between.
As the Brand Design Lead / Art Director at Collective Health you’ll partner with our Director of Brand Marketing to take on a “player/coach” role on the brand team, both doing the work and also managing one designer. You’ll work with the marketing leadership team and CMO to shape the brand vision, visual system, and voice as we scale. Your work and guidance will be critical in defining and shepherding our brand experience across demand/growth, comms, field events, and broader marketing programs, as well as collaborating with the product design team to ensure the brand is expressed through our product and services. You’ll champion our brand visuals and voice across the company and will help guide our employer brand both internally and externally, expressing our culture and values. You bring creative and strategic brand storytelling to your work, bridging words and visual systems, simplifying the complex, communicating ideas in a compelling way, and creating emotion for our audiences. And you love collaborating with and mentoring designers to bring out the best in their individual work and building a great design culture across the team.
While we are embracing a remote-flexible work week, employees are expected to be within commuting distance of an office. The frequency of in-office days will be determined on a team-by-team basis closer to the reopening of our offices.
YOU'RE EXCITED TO:
- Lead the development of our brand system holistically (including leading periodic refreshes and enhancements to our core system as we scale) and to design marketing creative that delights our customers, prospects, members, ecosystem of partners, and the business community
- Design and provide art direction for a wide spectrum of marketing and brand touch-points: web, video, events, digital advertising, printed collateral, photography, color, motion, illustration, editorial graphics, environmental/OOH, wayfinding, swag, and much more
- Come at your work with an eye for consistency, precision, systems-thinking, and a healthy dash of experimentation and ahead-of-trend thinking
- Think big and develop brand strategies and campaigns that resonate with our target audience and that will perform well against goals
- Collaborate closely and build connective tissue with a creative and focused team of designers, videographers, content/copywriters, producers, developers, and stakeholders
- Refresh and build upon a brand guidelines and template system used throughout the company to enable non-designer teams to deliver their work beautifully and ensure brand consistency
- Protect and push our brand voice and visuals to reflect our company's mission and to build brand affinity amongst our key constituents
- Closely collaborate on storytelling, copywriting, content strategy and marketing planning with Director, Brand Marketing, Marketing Leads, and CMO
- Be a vocal and visible advocate for our brand culture and advise teams across the company on employer brand
- Mentor brand designers and build a culture of creativity, openness, exploration, and high quality
YOU’RE EQUIPPED TO:
- Effectively communicate and lead creative strategies and design work with stakeholders across the organization
- Drive and manage the brand design creative process from concept to completion
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders to develop and translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Partner closely with multidisciplinary teams, particularly cross-team collaborations between Brand and Product design
- Efficiently align on priorities with the creative dev/production team in the execution and delivery of all marketing collateral
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met and maintained across mediums
- Review work, troubleshoot, and provide thoughtful feedback to creative teams
- Support Marketing leadership in the nurturing, hiring, and training of creative staff
- Manage and cultivate the career development of designers
YOUR OTHER QUALITIES:
- You keep tabs on culture and trend and bring influences to your work
- You have an ear for excellent brand copy and an eye for consistency and rigor in maintaining our brand experiences
- You are fearless in the pursuit of new ideas but know how and when to zone in on the execution and hit deadlines
- You have a sense of humor, altruism, an eye for beauty, and you want to make the world a better place
- You enjoy the vibes of a fast-moving, but warm and friendly, team focused on growing a purposeful business
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES:
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience, preferably with strong B2B brand and digital/marketing experience (experience in healthcare and/or enterprise software is a plus)
- Strong leadership managing design teams with collaborative and open approach
- Bridging across disciplines, such as Marketing, Brand, Growth, Product, Sales, and Dev
- A portfolio that demonstrates your creative thinking, problem solving, and results of your work
- Consumer-facing brand experience and sensibility is a plus (even though we’re a B2B co.)
Founded in 2013, Collective Health has created an ecosystem of innovative partners across care and benefits delivery, as well as built a powerful and flexible infrastructure to better enable employees and their families to understand, navigate, and pay for healthcare. By reducing the administrative lift of delivering health benefits, providing an intuitive member experience, and improving health outcomes, the company guides employees toward healthier lives and companies toward healthier bottom lines. Collective Health is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with locations in Chicago, IL, and Lehi, UT. For more information, please visit collectivehealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Collective Health is committed to providing support to candidates who require reasonable accommodation during the interview process. If you need assistance, please contact [email protected].