BuzzFeed is looking for a brand designer to comprehensively create and utilize brand deliverables such as identity, logomarks/logotypes, iconography, illustrations, color palettes, patterns, packaging and product design elements when needed. This person will design a wide array of projects, from brainstorming and initial concepting through final production and delivery.
This position is based at our NYC headquarters and will include a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks!
- Will provide guidance and feedback to other designers as well as direct any freelancers or vendors the team may use.
- Will maintain the highest standards for all delivered assets produced by the brand team.
- Consults regularly with the art directors, as well as other team members, to achieve project goals.
- Has thorough understanding of fundamental disciplines and principles such as color, composition and typography demonstrated through an extensive, broad portfolio.
- Understands timelines and can meet established schedules, timeframes and deliverables.
- Extraordinary design taste as well as eagle eye for detail and elegant design and typography.
- Able to develop a vision, quickly bring concepts to life as comps, then iterate and refine them as you gather peer feedback.
- Experience in concepting and developing great design and art direction that can be implemented across multiple mediums and platforms.
- Ability to work independently but also thrive in a highly collaborative environment and maintain a positive attitude.
- Prior experience in creating, evolving and evangelizing brand style systems and usage guidelines.
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience driving compelling brand design strategy and execution
- Minimum 1 years experience of brand experience within an internal brand team at a consumer product, technology or entertainment company.
- BONUS* Has experience and understanding of motion design.
- BONUS* Has experience and understanding of hand lettering.
BuzzFeed is the social news and entertainment company. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology. BuzzFeed provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment, and video across the social web to its global audience of more than 200M and 1.5B monthly video views.