At Plaid, we believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Today, hundreds of companies such as Acorns, Stripe, and Venmo rely on Plaid to integrate with banks and the financial system, and ultimately to give people more control over their own finances. We’re on a mission to unlock financial freedom for everyone.
About the Design team
The Design team at Plaid is made up of product designers, design systems designers, brand designers, researchers, and content strategists who work with our cross-functional partners to create Plaid’s products.
What you’ll do here
As Plaid grows, we are expanding beyond our core set of financial data products to explore new ways for people to make the most of their financial data. This shift requires a strong brand narrative that remains true to Plaid’s foundations but also accurately reflects the more experimental, forward-looking nature of these emerging products.
As a seasoned brand designer, you’d be helping to shape that story and bring these products to market. You’ll be joining a team of designers that oversee our brand and design system, Threads, while working closely with product managers, product marketing managers, engineers, and other instrumental members of the emerging product teams. This role is the first of its kind and is vital to the evolution of our brand.
What excites you
- Helping to shape the brand strategy for a growing startup with a powerful story to tell
- The opportunity to craft the overarching brand narrative for an entire suite of emerging products
- Creative storytelling and communicating complex or abstract concepts in ways that are clear and memorable
- Thinking about identity systems and the principles that guide where we stay consistent and where we introduce differentiation
- Obsessing over craft and details while still being grounded in pragmatism
- Brainstorming solutions alongside incredibly smart, hardworking people from across engineering, product, marketing, and design
- Working across a wide range of media and channels: web design, advertising, social media, print, events and 3D experiences… you name it
What excites us
- Being a team player—this role will require close collaboration with fellow designers and cross-functional partners
- Strategic, user-centric thinking—we ground our solutions in what’s best for our users
- Experience with B2B companies—this role requires empathy for the people that represent businesses, whether they’re small startups or large enterprise companiesHumility and having a growth mindset—we believe in big ambitions but not big egos, and feedback is a critical part of good design
- At least 4 years of experience in agency and/or startup space
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (or similar software), as well as Sketch or Figma
- Experience with animation (AfterEffects, Principle, etc.) is a plus
- Interest in copywriting is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.