BuzzFeed… the social news and entertainment company provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
We currently have an opening for a Brand Development Strategist.
The ideal candidate will have experience within the digital media space. This person should have the ability to effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing their business. He or she should be a quick problem solver and have strong influence management, negotiation, and customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success and an entrepreneurial leaning that will allow them to quickly get up to speed on our products and begin generating revenue.
The position is based in our Sao Paulo office, and we offer competitive compensation, benefits and an employee stock option program. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks.
- Prospecting new clients, including the ability to qualify and close new accounts
- Effectively prepare for and manage business meetings
- Strategically and creatively build pipeline and maintain a high level of activity
- Host online, phone and in-person presentations
- Provide prompt phone/email follow up to all inbound inquiries and properly document and track activity
- Build, maintain and develop knowledge to become an expert on social media, content Marketing, mobile and digital video
- Career growth & earnings aligned with your performance and desire to achieve…
- Competitive base salary and an un-capped commission plan
- Comprehensive training across sales, BuzzFeed and the social landscape
- 2 years plus years of digital media experience is preferred, but will make allowances for the “exceptional” in other areas or fields.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high transactional sales environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic & mental toughness
- Ability to multi-task
- PC skills, especially MS Office
- Strong self-starter personality
- Ability to effectively work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing your business
- Strong influence management, negotiation and customer service skills and ability to de-escalate difficult interactions
- Internet savvy (Google, Yahoo, Social Media etc)
- Ability to “think on your feet”
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Competitive spirit
- Desire to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Sense of humor