iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun & vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Would you take out a loan from someone you’ve never heard of? Probably not. Well, the same is true of many small businesses owners. That’s where you come in.
Making iwoca famous among small businesses is critical to our growth, and we’re looking for an experienced, driven Brand Manager brimming with ideas of how we can achieve this.
You’ll need to find ways to make our media budget work harder than our competitors and develop creative work worthy of a Cannes Lion. Hitting deadlines and running a tight ship will be second nature.
It’s a tall order but you won’t have to do it alone. You’ll work with agency partners and a group of talented marketers & designers - giving you all the tools you need for success. So if you’re ready to take on this challenge, we’d love to hear from you.
How we think you’ll get there
- Work with brand stakeholders to create and set the short and long term direction of the iwoca brand.
- Get to know the needs of small business owners inside-out, ensuring our brand strategy is based on customer insights.
- Plan and execute highly cost effective campaigns across traditional above the line channels (radio, out of home, TV).
- Launch smart initiatives to attract attention of small businesses outside of traditional ATL media (grassroots campaign, PR stunts, guerilla campaigns).
- Work with external agencies and our internal design team to develop below the line marketing creative (e.g. Facebook video ads).
- Evaluate performance of campaigns in line with company objectives and optimise accordingly.
The skills you need
- You’ll have at least two or more years of experience planning and running brand campaigns.
- You run a really tight ship (it’s worth repeating). You’ll need to manage multiple stakeholders and agency partners to ensure we deliver high quality work on time.
- Communication is key - you’ll be able to communicate your thoughts clearly, convey direction, and inspire creativity.
- You’ll be comfortable with coming up with and workshopping new creative ideas and strategies.
- Finally you’ll be customer obsessed - using qualitative and quantitative insights to help make sure this in the basis for every decisions we make. You’ll be supported by the wider analytics team, but you will need to be comfortable with numbers.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance