As one of the largest online travel player, Booking.com is ambitious to grow its business and presence in China online travel category. Therefore, it’s critical to build brand awareness, consideration, and key equity for Booking.com, clearly communicating “Who we are?” and “What we can offer?” to its target audience in a locally relevant and appealing way. As the Brand Marketing Manager, you will support Brand Marketing Lead to help develop and deploy brand marketing strategies, plans & calendars, and initiatives based on a thorough understanding of current brand status and issues, target audience and major competition dynamics, upcoming target audience and marketing communication trends, etc. Meanwhile, it is critical for a global brand such as Booking.com to ensure consistency with global brand proposition and brand communication idea set in by Booking.com in Amsterdam, also to identify a locally relevant and appealing way to articulate the brand message to target audience in China. Last but not least, Booking.com has the most scientific and rigorous marketing measurements, you will help define and optimize the right measurements for China, driving full delivery on these measurements, synthesizing key learnings based on campaign performance, and continuously support the optimization of upcoming brand marketing work.
- Support Brand Marketing Lead to develop brand strategies and marketing foundation for Booking.com in China, and to communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in China
- Collaborate with other platforms in Marketing, Performance Marketing, Strategic Partnership, Operations, and other functions to help develop and execute brand marketing campaigns and plans
- Manage external agency partners to ensure Booking.com can scale marketing capabilities in line with growth plans, and high quality project delivery.
- Enable and support localization, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal; articulate market nuances for teams who aren’t familiar with the market
- Understand target audience and competition dynamics supported by internal Consumer Insight capabilities and external agency partners resource
- Track brand marketing budgets and ensure effective budget utilization
- Work with Marketing analytics & reporting team closely to support analytics and reporting for marketing campaigns, and optimize campaigns for continuous improvement.
- Passionate for all things about Travel, experience using Booking.com product is definitely a plus
- 4-6years relevant work experience at brand marketing, preferably a brand management experience in leading consumer goods or consumer internet companies
- Had experiences in leading large scale integrated marketing campaigns, digital / social communication, and partnerships / sponsorships.
- Strong project & budget management skills; experience working in a very fast paced, deadline oriented environment while maintaining acute attention to detail and get things done at high quality.
- Understand Chinese consumers, knowing how to capture consumers’ insight and apply that understanding in to campaign effectively.
- Strong capabilities to collaborate and influence internal cross-functions and external agencies to overcome obstacles.
- Written and spoken language proficiency in Mandarin and English
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s support companies in China.
Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co., Ltd is looking for a Brand Marketing Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.