RISE Personal Care Specialists (Budtenders) engage in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they enter the retail area until they check out and exit the store. Our ideal Personal Care Specialist candidate should be friendly and upbeat, much like a barista in your favorite coffee shop. Our incredible Personal Care Specialists are GTI’s secret to success—they connect each unique customer with just the right product and method of consumption for their needs. The Personal Care Specialist is a master of our menu and knows exactly how to help anyone who walks through the dispensary’s doors. If you have a smile that can light up a room, as well as a bowl, we’re looking for you!
- Assist patients in a customer-facing, intimate retail environment
- Utilize product and consumption-method knowledge to successfully recommend a safe and effective regimen suited to each patient’s specific needs
- Ensure sales floor is properly stocked and presence of the store is well maintained
- Own responsibility for remaining up-to-date with product knowledge
- Play an active part in patient education on products, methods of consumption, and safety as part of patient interaction
- Complete duties assigned during scheduled shift including:
- Correct cash handling and discount application
- Verification of proper paperwork, documentation and ID for patients
- Accurate use and maintenance of the Point of Sale (POS) system; accurate and timely data entry of patient profiles in both the POS system and the state's electronic verification system
- Maintenance of hard copy files (when required)
- Assist in verifying order deliveries for accuracy
- Security measures and safety compliance
- Maintain visitor log
- Provide necessary support to management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Promote a work environment that is positive, communicative, patient-oriented, and compliant
- 1+ year of customer service experience; preference for candidates with specialty, customer-facing retail experience
- Consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Previous experience with POS systems
- Desire to continuously learn (more) about cannabis, cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system, GTI products, and cannabis therapies – previous knowledge a HUGE plus!
- Ability to listen well and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various audiences
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must pass required background checks.
- Possess valid driver’s license or state ID.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance), may include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
- Ability to work in varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when the business requires such as performing retail operations outside via curbside service, removing trash or other outdoor tasks.