Percona takes pride in delivering stable and reliable software to our users. As a Build and Release Engineer, you will support our distributed engineering team by maintaining and improving the tools and processes involved in building our database software distributions. This includes updating and creating new software packages, performing software distribution releases for various platforms, as well as improving and scaling our build processes and infrastructure.
This is a remote role - you can work anywhere in the world! We offer a flexible work schedule that allows you the freedom and flexibility to work when you are most productive.
Some limited travel per year will be involved (e.g. internal team meetings, attending conferences). A stable/secure internet connection is required.
#rpm #deb #linux #mongodb #mysql #postgresql #buildandrelease #devops #dba #cloud #automation
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain packages for RPM-based Linux operating systems (yum/dnf) as well as DEB-based systems (apt)
- Assist with internal and external build/packaging/release related projects
- Assist clients with implementing various items relating to their build environment
- Monitor, log, analyze, and fix packaging related bugs
- Further automate and improve the existing build processes/tasks and packaging testing setup
- Resolve issues with internal repositories and implement new repositories as needed
- Integrate new components and 3rd party software into Percona distributions as needed
- Evaluate new build/packaging/release solutions as needed
- Assist with packaging setup/method review and overhaul
- Support and maintain our build infrastructure
- Previous exposure to a large-scale build/release environment or equivalent experience (for ex., a development, DevOps or a DBA role, preferably with extensive database-related exposure)
- Experienced in Linux systems administration (file systems, hardware, and networking)
- Previous experience with make, cmake, cpack, yum & apt repositories
- AWS EC2 experience
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TravisCI
- Proficiency in automating tasks, including shell scripting skills
- Experience with at least one virtualization tool like KVM VirtualBox or VMWare
- Proficiency with Docker and containerization
- Ansible and/or other DevOps platforms
- Experience with software testing methods and technologies
- Ability to speak, listen and write effectively in fluent English
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Experienced in RPM/DEB package creation preferred but we can train if needed
- Proficient with MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL or other open source relational databases
- Experience with GPG, JIRA, gdb, Golang
- Tertiary studies degree or certifications relevant to core skills
- System administration skills for other operating systems
- Having a track record of contributing to open source projects
- Proven success working in a distributed environment
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, activity on public forums or mailing lists
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.