Business Affairs Manager | Job Description | Gallery Media Group
Gallery Media Group is a rapidly growing digital media company that includes women’s lifestyle brand, PureWow, which is dedicated to making a woman’s life more beautiful, manageable, and efficient; ONE37pm, a men’s lifestyle brand at the intersection of culture, style, music and sports, seen through the lens of entrepreneurship; and a collection of premium podcast shows that includes Mom Brain, The BrownPrint, Card Talk, The CMO Podcast with Jim Stengel and more.
Our mission is to “make positivity louder.”
The Business Affairs Manager will work with various teams across GMG (including executive, sales, etc), VaynerX’s Legal and its Business Affairs department on overseeing its influencer and talent services division as well as all content production for Gallery Media Group and its properties including broadcast, social, digital, and other projects for PureWow.com, One37pm.com and all other Gallery Media Group properties across all of our offices. This person is a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit and able to work in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Work closely with the business leads on negotiation of all key and relevant business terms on various content production and other related agreements and work closely with applicable legal teams on the evaluation of risk assessment and other related clauses in said contracts.
- Handle union and non-union inquiries and issues pertaining to talent including, if applicable SAG AFTRA issues.
- Negotiate talent rates with influencers, agents and/or talent for specific projects.
- Research to find appropriate rights holders and contact information.
- Manage intellectual property rights and clearance acquisitions (including tracking any term limitations and advising Client teams regarding upcoming expirations).
- Attend meetings pertaining to production to help ensure the viability of a concept.
Review creative materials (concepts, storyboard, various cuts) and advise teams on talent, copyright and intellectual property issues, determine where clearances are necessary, and advise on next steps.
- Help administer:
- Talent Agreements
- Materials Releases
- Influencer Posting Agreements
- Production Agreements
- Music license agreements
- A minimum 3-5 years of experience as a Business Manager at a digital publisher or advertising agency.
- Working knowledge talent contracts including SAG-AFTRA issues.
- Knowledge of music licensing, stock footage licensing and intellectual property licensing for broadcast and interactive media.
- Solid knowledge of digital production and post-production process.
- Exceptional written, negotiation and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional initiative, meticulous attention to detail and follow through skills.
- A true team player that enjoys working collaboratively, as well as independently.
- A positive, can-do, roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Big picture thinker who is proactive, anticipates potential issues, and deals with them effectively.
- Highly intelligent, detail oriented, quick learner, who knows how to deal with various types of personalities.