At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems. Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other’s strengths and sharing in successes.
The Business Analyst will be the primary gatekeeper in conjunction with leadership for Accounts Receivable (AR), Producer Compensation (PC)-(i.e. broker processing) and Group Profit & Loss (GPL) related initiatives including feasibility, root cause analysis, validation of expected deliverables and always keeping the business needs in mind. This position is responsible for providing more complex analytical support through research, data gathering, interpretation and development of policies and procedures and reporting for the AR, PC and GPL business areas.
Responsibilities of this position may include documenting business requirements, developing case scenarios in the development of new or enhanced systems including analyzing, documenting, testing and assisting in the implementation or work-flow resolutions to complex operational issues in systems providing day-to-day system and user administration. The incumbent will have a strong working knowledge and/or experience with the Metavance Billing process, Online Billing & Reconciliation (OBR), Oracle Enterprise Financial System (EFS) including AR, broker appointment and related payment processes, Revenue Management & Billing (RMB) System, Group P&L process and any other touchpoint applications as required. The Business Analyst must also combine systems knowledge along with the application of accounting principles and general ledger requirements for a given project and understand the reporting requirements for the various Delta Dental products (Commercial, DHMO, HCR and Individual business products), policies, claims, eligibility and guidelines.
How you will make an impact:
- Performs system checkouts for periodic system builds and releases.
- Researches and analyzes data to identify trends or potential issues.
- Develops plans and proposals to address issues.
- Participates in the development and management of project plans from project planning and design through testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Prepares written reports and verbal presentations summarizing project objectives, analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Communicates with and organize division staff to meet project objectives.
- May provide guidance and oversight to other project staff.
- Develops scope statements for developing project plans to support best practices for change management in collaboration with business sponsor.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to evaluate business processes and recommend effective solutions.
- Strong organizational/time management and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience with both process and data-driven structured analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of Delta Dental products, policies, claims, eligibility and guidelines.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel and communicate clearly in a professional manner, requiring strong organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, training or experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience.
Benefits and perks:
- 12 days starting vacation plus 12 holidays and your birthday off!
- Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
- 100% paid dental insurance
- 100% paid vision insurance
- Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
- Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
- Career growth: we love promoting from within
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Due to COVID-19, there is an even greater demand for flexibility and change. Due to the pandemic, the expectation around work location for certain roles may be remote until a future date, determined by Delta Dental Management. Should the position you seek be determined by Delta Dental Management as “remote,” the position may require you to have access to remote internet in order to meet the expectations outlined in the job duties.
At Delta Dental we:
Promote accountability, integrity and collaboration: Our employees are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
Foster professional development: Our employees take ownership of developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying learning opportunities.
Value customers and cultivate positive experiences: Our employees take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let’s chat. We would love to tell you more!
To see some of the smiling faces behind Delta Dental and to learn more about what our values and culture look like in action, connect with us on social media: @lifeatddins on Facebook
, @deltadentalins on Twitter
, and Delta Dental Ins. on LinkedIn
ABOUT Delta Dental
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits provider. Our vision is to motivate and empower every employee so we’re all inspired to take exceptional care of our customers, providers and each other. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation’s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other classification protected by federal or state law. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be provided if selected for hire.