Spotify is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join Financial Engineering’s Risk and Controls team, who will work closely with the Financial Engineering, Internal Audit, and Accounting teams. This role will require an understanding of SOX and Internal Controls practices as well as experience in working with Technology teams. Additionally, you will serve as the expert on redesigning financial controls within the mission to ensure controls adapt and scale with Spotify’s growth. While working on multiple projects at once, you intuitively know which issues to highlight and can bring key decision-makers together to come up with effective solutions. Once a project is completed, you're able to clearly communicate the results and draw the key learnings for senior management. You are efficient and organized, making the most of everyone's abilities and holding the team to a high standard.
What you'll do
- Embedded within Financial Engineering, you will liaise with Accounting, Internal Audit, Compliance Engineering and Financial Engineering teams
- Gain a deep understanding of ITGCs and Application Controls and become our internal subject matter expert for questions on controls and compliance within Financial Engineering
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain GRC with engineering and finance partners
- Partner with key stakeholders to improve and redesign and document controls to decrease manual efforts
- Analyze existing control processes in order to propose optimization and process improvement opportunities
- Transform ambiguous practices into sustainable and scalable solutions
- Drive change with an understanding of controls within Financial Engineering, anticipate needs, understand the risks and problem solve across teams
- Communicate status and schedules and manage risks and dependencies
Who you are
- Prior Audit, Compliance or Risk Assurance experience required, CPA license preferred
- You have 5+ years experience in a business analyst or program management role within Engineering, FinTech or Finance departments
- Experience with SaaS and in house built Financial Systems and tools and/or Consulting Experience
- SDLC practice experiences
- Desire to succeed in a data-driven, fast changing, and innovative environment
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to all levels of management
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, track and organize data, present to key stakeholders, and partner with internal and external customers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills (i.e., expectation setting, education, conflict management, prioritization, etc.).
- BA Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.