- This is a 6-month internship opportunity beginning in March 2021 -
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Homes team is seeking an ambitious, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited intern to join our German and UK team and will be based in Berlin or London. The intern will join a very fast-paced environment in two of Airbnb’s most dynamic and high profile markets, with a diverse community. The business operations intern will focus both on business development opportunities and data analytics and will have the possibility to learn and assume the responsibility of driving new business opportunities for the region, as well as providing fundamental data insights to local market teams.
This is an intern position reporting to the Business Operations Managers in the DACH, CEE & CIS territory as well as UKI & Nordics territory, where the person will have a very comprehensive understanding of how all the different functions within the two offices interact with each other.
- Drive business development opportunities (e.g. kick-starting Airbnb’s Ambassador program and Airbnb’s Associates program for top markets)
- Conduct data-driven deep-dives for both the supply and demand side to provide a clear understanding on the marketplace performance at different levels
- Assist with response to inquiries, providing data quickly and accurately, using mostly SQL, but also Excel and other tools such as Tableau and Superset
- Provide not only data, but also the information behind it and derive key conclusions and recommendations on how to address different problems, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- Assist with the production of reports, and gather external data to have a better understanding on our performance vs the industry
- Work seamlessly with other teams to coordinate projects that require their expertise
- Act as a key contributor to the success of the Homes Team
- Contribute to key projects in the Territory supporting the Business Operation Managers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Informatics, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Expertise in SQL and experience with large databases and raw data, including the ability to write queries against large warehouses
- Expert user of Excel
- Tableau and/or Superset skills are a plus
- Strong spoken and written German and English language skills
- Ideally previous internships or prior work experience at a major business consulting company
- Proven ability to produce high quality analysis in a fast paced environment
- Very strong analytical skills
- Experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Experience with an internet marketplace business or within the travel industry is a plus
- Ability to work proactively and result driven: always trying to learn that extra detail that can help you take the most accurate decision
- Good knowledge of the German and UK markets (additional market knowledge in German-speaking countries or countries in Central and Eastern Europe, Northern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States is a plus)
Eligibility for an internship within Airbnb in EMEA: You must be a recent graduate within this calendar year.
Please submit your full application in English
THIS IS A FULL TIME INTERNSHIP WITH REGULAR BUSINESS WORKING HOURS (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)
We are unable to support visa sponsorship or relocation for this internship
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.