- This is a 6-month internship opportunity -
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Homes team is seeking an ambitious, bright, forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and high-spirited intern to join our Spanish and Italian teams and will be based in Barcelona. The intern will join a very fast-paced environment in one of Airbnb’s most dynamic and high profile markets, with a diverse community. The data analyst intern will have the possibility to learn and will assume the responsibility of providing great data insights to the rest of the team.
This is an intern position reporting to the Program and Business Operations Manager where the person will have a very comprehensive understanding of how all the different functions within the office interact with each other.
- Assist with response to inquiries, providing data quickly and accurately, using mostly sql, but also excel and other tools such as Tableau
- Deep data analysis both on the supply and demand side to provide a clear understanding on the marketplace performance at different levels
- Provide not only data, but also the information behind it; Be able to provide main conclusions and come up with recommendations on how to address different problems, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- Assist with the production of reports, and gather external data to have a better understanding on our performance vs the industry
- Work seamlessly with other teams to coordinate research projects that require their expertise.
- Act as a key contributor to the success of the Homes Team
- Contribute to key projects in the Territory supporting the Program and Business Operations Manager
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Informatics, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Expertise in SQL and experience with large databases and raw data, including the ability to write queries against large warehouses
- Expert user of Excel
- Strong spoken and written English is required. Spanish and Italian knowledge would be a plus
- Proven ability to produce high quality analysis in a fast paced environment
- Very strong analytical skills
- Experience making data-driven recommendations and decisions
- Experience for an internet marketplace business is a plus
- Ability to work proactively and result driven: always trying to learn that extra detail that can help you take the most accurate decision
- Good knowledge of the Spanish and Italian markets
Eligibility for an internship within Airbnb in EMEA: You must be a recent graduate within this calendar year.
Please submit your full application in English
THIS IS A FULL TIME INTERNSHIP WITH REGULAR BUSINESS WORKING HOURS (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)
We are unable to support visa sponsorship or relocation for this internship
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.