Q is building an operating system for the built world, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management. In short, we make it easy to run an office.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
Q is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Operations team at Q HQ. As a Business Analyst, you will be examining the automation processes and supporting the operational and strategic activities for our Smart Office Maintenance team. Q’s maintenance vertical connects office managers with any of their needs outside of core cleaning; including office help, carpentry, plumbing, furniture assembly, and other smart office maintenance needs.
You will work with the Director of Maintenance to analyze data and help design and implement solutions for use in all of our city markets. You will collaborate with other departments including the data team, design, engineering, product and city teams to help scale the maintenance business as Q grows at an exponential pace. This is an exciting position to work across different departments in Q to help our Maintenance team be most efficient.
- You love digging into data to identify problems and root causes that are not easily observable. Rock solid Excel skills are a must
- You are results-oriented and care about getting things accomplished that help the team scale
- You know how to lead multiple projects at once and keep them on track, and you don’t give up easily when things don’t go your way
- You are determined to follow through to the end and deliver great results, whether it’s a high profile company-wide project or mopping an office floor
- You are curious about what makes a company succeed, and understand how seemingly small changes can affect the future health and sustainability of a company
- You empathize with people - our business is about people, so to understand it you need to understand those running it
- You work well in a team setting and know how to work with other business functions to get projects done
- Analyze data and understand complex business processes and procedures and come up with creative ways to make the business operations scalable
- Work with teams across the company to identify breakdowns and inefficiencies in our day-to-day logistics and operations
- Use that insight to develop, implement, and document policies and processes to support the maintenance business, communicating the changes to stakeholders at the HQ and city levels
- Conduct independent analysis on our business and its operational drivers to uncover improvement opportunities
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to help launch new products that enable city operations teams to do their job effectively and enjoyably
- Continuously communicate across teams to understand business needs
- Build smart tools and workarounds to address immediate pain points while longer term solutions are readied
- At least 2 years of experience in an operations or similar role within a high-output, highly challenging environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in math, economics, engineering, or related
- Strong data analysis skills and strong knowledge of Excel
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG