The Uber Advanced Technologies Center is the Pittsburgh division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key technologies within the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are currently looking for talented and driven Business Applications Developers to join our team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
You are passionate about building business applications to accommodate rapidly evolving cutting edge products/services, and using the best of modern web development, distributed computing/storage and scalable yet flexible architectures to build them. You have created software that can scale and manage the complex interchange of data and compute requirements between multiple geographical locations, as well as legacy software systems, which leverage best in class commercial applications where possible.
You like creating software that is robust to various kinds of network, system and state failures, without compromising the data and business applications that use it. You love tuning your software and porting software to different architectures. You love taking advantage of worthwhile open source build/release/test toolchains and are comfortable with multiple languages. You like to optimize your software to run with extremely light footprint, on mission critical systems, without compromising the core functionality of the systems. Moreover, you have a good business sense for the purpose of the applications and can translate user requirements and business analysis into code quickly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Participate in the design and development of custom business applications that accommodate UBER’s Advanced Technologies Center and operations supporting self-driving cars.
- Identify opportunities for business process improvement and drive cross-functional business and system requirements for key financial and operations processes.
- Become thoroughly familiar with interfaces between systems and work with the team to manage the broader data model that comprises the data universe of the organization from technology development through production to operations spanning the product lifecycle.
- Document business requirements, functional design, test scenarios and scripts, and end-user training materials.
- Support business users and help to troubleshoot simple to complex application issues and develop creative solutions to support business needs.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance or Information Technology preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in business application development and implementation, web development, process re-engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment including the ability to work collaboratively with business users, IT staff and various levels of management.
- Excellent user interface design skills and a sense of what is relevant to compose and present.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles generally, what is a COA, P&L statement and balance sheet, and how business applications interface to a GL back end and other systems.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of Oracle tools used to support Oracle Application development including PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, Forms, Reports, Workflow, Discoverer, OBIEE is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle table structures, API's, Schemas, Oracle open interfaces.
- Attention to detail and strong personal organizational skills and able to work in fast, paced, high volume environment. Proven history of successful problem solving with strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.