As BI Analyst, you'll be responsible for making sense of large data sets with statistical models, data visualization and more. You will need the insight that 10x's our business in some aspect that the rest of us simply aren't equipped to see. You will work on the data team with a Sr. Analyst and with virtually every functional organization at Atom, including product, engineering, marketing, business development, and operations which means you'll have access to a slew of very different challenges and data sets to conquer.
Design, develop, and utilize Business Intelligence (BI) solutions to extract, analyze, and discern patterns and trends in data to inform the company’s business and marketing strategies. Consult with senior management and internal customers to gather BI requirements based on analytical and reporting needs. Work with the BI team to develop and maintain a comprehensive dashboard to track and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and provide actionable insights to drive business growth. Develop data models to forecast and predict customer behavior using machine learning techniques. Execute complex queries of structured and non-structured data sets at scale using Redshift, PostgreSQL, and mySQL. Analyze large data sets and track advertisement and marketing metrics for various platforms using statistical modeling, regression analysis, and data visualization techniques. Prepare reports for management on client demographics and preferences, ticket sales, and other proprietary indicators on a weekly and monthly basis. Make recommendations on the company’s user experience, targeted advertising techniques, and business strategies based on data analysis. Perform ad-hoc analyses as directed by management. Stay abreast of the latest technological advances and industry trends in information technology, data analytics, and Business Intelligence.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics, Information Technology, or a related field, and 2+ years of experience in the job offered or a related BI position
- The position requires skills and knowledge in data modeling, data analysis, SQL (Redshift, PostgreSQL, and mySQL), Tableau, Looker (or any other BI tools).
- Experience in visualizing large and complex datasets in a commercial/business environment.
- Experience in forecasting; helping marketing with modeling/forecasting ROI & customer LTV.
- Ability to assisting product management on extracting user behavior patterns
- Experience providing leadership with regular "health of business" reviews
- Great communication skills both verbally and written
- Experience with statistical packages/programming environments such as R, Matlab, SPSS, or those included with popular Python libraries like ggplotlib/Rcpp/dplyr/NumPy/SciPy/etc.
- Experience querying structured and non-structured data sets at scale using SQL/HQL/Redshift or frameworks such as Pig, Scalding, Shark/Spark, Impala, etc.
- Advanced expertise with MS Excel
- This role does not include any sponsorship and that authorization to work in the US is a pre-condition to employment.
About Atom Tickets:
Atom is a mobile first, social ticketing platform that has re-imagined the movie experience from the ground up. We’ve simplified everything from when you decide you want to see a movie to when the lights go down and the previews start. We’re a team of bright, driven, and experienced developers, product designers, and movie lovers and we use data to improve the way our products work and theaters operate. We’re backed by influential movie studios including Disney, Fox, and Lionsgate, and we’re bringing innovative industry-first features to market such as dynamic pricing and pre-ordering concessions. Sound like fun? Come join our team!
Atom Tickets is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment, including hiring decisions, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law - not only because it is the law, but also because we believe an inclusive and diverse workplace drives innovation.