AE Works Ltd. is seeking a dynamic, forward thinking business development professional to lead on and execute our business development strategy in Pittsburgh & Western Pennsylvania.
Based out of the Pittsburgh, PA office, you will develop new relationships and business to enable AE Works to grow its presence for both existing and new markets in Western Pennsylvania. Your work will position the firm to design and engineer spaces that enhance our Western PA client's well-being and support their missions, better enabling them to fulfill their business goals. Our clients include commercial building owners, hospitals, higher education campuses, and governments.
The job comes with a competitive salary based on relevant experience as well as generous perks and benefits, including medical, vision, and disability insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, a 401k, dress-for-your-day dress code, virtual working capability, and a work-from-home equipment allowance.
Our top applicants will possess the following technical background:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or industry (Business, Architecture, Engineering); Masters degree a plus
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in a Sales/Business Development position in the AEC/Building Industry (both public and private sector experience preferred)
- 5-10 years of formal and informal Client Relationship Development and Principal/Management level Engagement capability and experience
- Sales Experience should include providing input in the development of qualifications packages and proposals along with participation in formal and informal interviews
- Experience working with CRM software (updating and maintaining opportunities, contacts and campaigns), such as Sales Force, Deltek, or Sugar and other cloud-based mobile technology
- Strong listening, oral and written skills
- Good leadership and organizational skills
- An attitude and commitment to be an active participant in our culture is a must
In the role of Business Development Associate, we'll count on you to:
- Strengthen the breadth and depth of the AE Works Pittsburgh and Western PA network and client relationships that lead to targeted sales growth
- Work directly with the Chief Client Officer, Firm Leadership and members of the Operations Group to develop and execute business development initiatives
- Regularly review, evaluate and assess business development opportunities based on Go, No-Go process, sales and marketing initiatives and strategies
- Participate in developing yearly sales goals and objectives with the CCO and marketing team
- Participate in annual budgetary planning process in alignment with the firm’s annual and long-terms goals and participate in regular review and monitoring activities
- Develop qualified project leads through personal contacts, firm network, events, conferences, and market analysis
- Assist the marketing/proposal team in the development of qualifications packages and proposals assigned to the position.
- Attend virtual and in-person industry events, conferences, and expos on behalf of the firm including conference planning and preparation and post-conference activities
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of regular sales reports for activities and opportunities assigned to the position utilizing existing tools and CRM technology
- Perform other duties as needed