There are almost 19,000 restaurants in New York City. But every day, at lunch and dinner—between schedules and cravings and budgets and boredom with our existing options—most of us aren’t excited about where we’re going, or what we’re ordering. Which is why we’re building Maple.
Menus that change daily. Food made with the best and freshest ingredients, prepared by chefs who have run some of NYC’s top restaurants. We aim to make it all so deliciously, that you’ll want to eat it every day. And we price it so that you can—bringing it straight to your door, in three clicks … maybe four.
Maple is backed by Greenoaks Capital, Thrive Capital, Primary Venture Partners and David Chang & The Momofuku Restaurant Group, among others. Our investors have invested in Instagram, Warby Parker, Harry’s, Spotify, Oscar Health, Instacart, Palantir and Flipkart, to name a few.
THE POSITION: Business Development Associate
Maple is looking for an organized, articulate, problem solving executer with a passion for the Maple product and reimagining the way everyone eats. You will be working primarily on Maple for Business which offers solutions to enterprises through our Business Accounts and Catering products. As one of the first people on the Maple for Business team, you’ll be responsible for managing our inbound and outbound lead generation and will be out on the front lines representing the company. You will lead our efforts to develop relationships and onboard, retain and deepen relationships with Maple for Business customers.
- Manage a pipeline. Create and manage a pipeline of prospects for Maple Business Accounts and Maple Catering, reaching out to educate them on the Maple value proposition and getting them onboarded
- CRM Management. Utilize tools like MS Excel, Salesforce, RJ Metrics to analyze, target and reach out to customer cohorts
- Develop acquisition playbook. Help define the Maple for Business demand generation playbook that we’ll use to scale across new delivery zones and new cities
- Retain and deepen customer relationships. Manage relationships with Maple for Business customers and ensure their satisfaction
- Help refine and improve product. Be the bridge from the customer to the product, culinary, and operations teams to provide feedback and help improve Maple for Business products
- You have a passion for food and technology and are looking to help build the next great food company
- You enjoy cultivating new relationships and interpersonal interactions
- You are an effective communicator via phone, email, and in-person
- You raise your hand whenever you have a question or something goes wrong
- You are always asking yourself and the rest of the team if there is a more efficient and scalable way to complete the task at hand
- You are long-term greedy and can balance patience and persistence to achieve the desired outcome
- You can manage fast-paced day-to-day tasks, as well as step back to think creatively and contemplate the long-term vision
- You are competitive and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- You have a good gut instinct and can problem solve on the fly, but are data driven in your decision making
- You are upbeat and a self starter – you don’t wait for someone to ask you to do something , you think about what else we should be doing as a team, and propose new ideas
- You are very organized, detail and process oriented, and can handle multiple work streams at once
- You are an over-achiever and take pride in all the work that you do
- You are truly a team player and make those around you better
ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years of sales or business development experience at a fast growing company, or relevant professional experience
- Proven track record of growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Proficient in and enjoy spending time in MS Office, Google Apps, and CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Proven ability to hustle to get a business off the ground – you’re proven you are willing to get your hands dirty to make the business successful
- Strong understanding of the NY landscape is preferred
We are looking for bright, motivated and grounded people to help us grow. As a young but quickly developing company, this is a chance to build something from the ground up—conceptualize, evolve, tweak and, hopefully, thereby reimagine the way everyone eats.