What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
We believe in treating business owners like people, not quotas. Here on the sales team our work matters, we are providing solutions to our business owners that allow them to focus on running their business. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. A sale is great but a return customer is even better, we are committed to earning business that lasts a lifetime.
As a Business Development Associate at OnDeck, you will:
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You will be responsible for sourcing and onboarding new partners for our Merchant Referral Program (MRP). We will identify strategic verticals that align with our current product offerings and you will use your Business Development skills to acquire top tier referral sources.
- Potential vertical markets as Merchant Referral Partners could include Accountants, Banks and credit unions, Equipment lessors, Factoring companies/brokers, Insurance agents, and/or vendor programs.
- Utilize LinkedIn, Advertising, Association list calling, old contacts, and networking to acquire new partners for the MRP program.
- Thoroughly understand OnDeck’s Sales process and products and the competitive landscape.
- Develop relationships with top tier partners - light account management for Tier 1 and 2 MRPs.
- Be accountable for monthly vertical and individual MRP target numbers.
Qualifications for success:
- 2+ years of business development experience with prior work and network in Financial Services (banks, credit unions, insurance agencies, accounting firms, leasing, factoring, merchant processing, payroll services, etc.) preferred.
- 2 years of B2B sales experience encompassing full lifecycle sales from prospecting to close.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in creating new business opportunities and driving revenue.
- Relationships and experience in selling through at least one of our vertical market is strongly preferred.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a start-up environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
- Excellent oral & written communications skills.
- Strong business maturity and presence with the ability to interact with C-level management.
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship building and influence management both with internal and external customers.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage and drive multiple priorities.
- Personable, positive, upbeat disposition with the ability to have fun while delivering upon objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, finance, or economics preferred.
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly.
- A fun, fast-paced, Startup environment.
- Really cool and brilliant colleagues who you can learn from and grow with.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Competitive compensation package.
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better.
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.