What You'll Do
First Week: You will learn about Column's mission and vision, seek to understand our existing sales and account growth process, and begin meeting other folks on the team. We're a small company that's growing quickly, so interpersonal rapport is essential.
First Month: You will gain an understanding of our customers, our market, and our value proposition. You will create, run, and improve multi-part email and call campaigns to contact and convert leads. You will input and maintain accurate, useful prospect notes in HubSpot. You will learn how to conduct an initial scripted sales demonstration of Column's public notice product for publishers.
First Six Months: You will meet or exceed activity targets for a number of leads engaged and qualified as well as number of sales qualified leads (SQLs) accepted and deals created by Account Managers. You will gain proficiency in sales outreach and acceleration tactics. You will refine objection handling skills to overcome common objectives. You should meet the criteria to earn a promotion to Business Development Representative.
First Year: You will coach other Business Development Associates and Representatives through peer call review, leading training sessions, and serving as an onboarding mentor or social sponsor. You will be an impactful founding member of a sales team at a rapidly growing tech start-up that believes we have the potential to be a once-in-a-generation company.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You're looking for a remote-first role working with wildly talented people who care about their impact on local communities
- You might be a recent college or Bootcamp graduate, returning from teaching or volunteering abroad, or exiting the armed services — no matter what, you have high potential and are willing to put in the work to enter or transition into a career in tech sales
- You're a naturally curious person with experience with or interest in Column's market, our mission, and our work
- You possess the solid active listening, written communication, and organizational skills needed for customer-facing work
- You are an optimistic person who is committed to overcoming challenges to make positive contributions to customers' lives
- You have a solid desire to exemplify our operating principles — be worthy of trust, do the hard work, never stop learning, intentionally build community, and tell a better story
- You have grit and really want to work with us — if you do not resemble our ideal candidate, tell us why you'd still be a great fit for this role in an optional cover letter
Compensation and Benefits
Column is built on the belief that important information should be accessible to the public. As such, we work hard to model this behavior for potential Columnists by including our base compensation in all job descriptions and making our full benefits accessible online.
On-target earnings of $80,000- $90,000 per year with a 70/30 split, or $56,000- $63,000 base and performance-based bonuses, plus stock options and 401k plan with 5% match
- Healthcare, vision, & dental coverage for you and your dependents
Unlimited (and encouraged) paid time off, and 16-week paid parental leave
- Multiple stipends for you to invest in a home office setup and pursue wellness activities that make you feel healthy and whole
Column is the first collaborative public notice platform helping publishers, governments, and legal services work together to inform their communities. We are a remote-first public benefit corporation with an in-person headquarters in Miami, FL.
To us, people are everything. Our current Columnists are wildly talented people from around the globe. We support and challenge each other. We address real problems that people face in their communities. We believe that we have the potential to be a generational company that will change the world as we know it. Will you join us?