This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. The Science 37 Operating System (OS) enables universal access to patients and providers, leading to faster enrollment, greater retention and a more representative patient population. To help us achieve our goal, we are seeking a Business Development Associate eager to make an impact within a mission-driven organization.
The Business Development Associate will focus on customer acquisition. This position involves cold calling and email outreach to new potential clients, client business referrals, or web leads. Must have the eagerness to do a lot of online prospecting for the right targets and set up custom reports to make sure potential targets are tracked and identified. Provide prospective customers/clients with all services offered, and additional relevant material as needed. Work with business development directors to execute customer acquisition strategies for each unique territory and market. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to learn. This will be a player coach role with development opportunities to lead and manage the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cold calling and email outreach; making multiple outbound attempts to potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support
- Researching potential leads from business directories, web searches, or digital resources
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
- Presenting and delivering information to potential clients
- Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
- Triaging new leads to business development directors
- Tracking weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance and sales metrics
- Building pipelines with channel partners and team members to close sales
- Maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Closing sales and working with client through closing process
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
The following qualifications are preferred and/or equivalent applicable experience:
- Working knowledge of the CRO industry
- 2+ years selling services to pharma bio-tech companies
- Proficient with Salesforce, zymewire and global data
- Experience in mentoring and leading team members
- College diploma or equivalent degree
- 1-3 years of experience working in customer service
- Familiarity with negotiation, upselling and other sales tactics
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Persuasive, tenacious and goal-oriented
- Possesses a positive, energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients, and territories
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Strong knowledge of clinical research including understanding of critical elements for success in clinical trials; participation in and contribution to these activities.
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Previous experience in outbound call center, inside sales experience, or related sales experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
Strong communication and presentation skills - Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a strategic thinker across a system portfolio with the ability to problem solve and help individuals develop their own problem-solving skills and discipline
Ability to Foster Relationships – Demonstrated ability to build rapport and foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, self- control, and flexibility to get the work done. Skilled in situational responsive decision-making.
Ability to think strategically- Makes decisions based on business knowledge and is able to be innovative and resolve setbacks, respectively. Is future orientated and a visionary.
- Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner and has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with ability to select a best-fit approach.
- Ability to motivate, influence and guide team members and direct reports; gains commitments from others.
- Position will require some domestic and possible international travel (as needed), for project team meetings, client presentations, and other professional meetings/conferences (as needed).
- Ability to communicate in English (both verbal and written)
The incumbent reports to the Vice President of Inside Sales and Sales Enablement and will need to establish and maintain strong collaborations with internal business partners within Sales and Marketing.
At Science 37, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that supports you at all stages of your career - both now and into the future. Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities, and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work that adds to your professional development.
Science 37 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!
To learn about Science 37's privacy practices including compliance with applicable privacy laws, please click here