Location: NYC or Remote Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Associate to join our rapidly growing sales team. The Business Development Associate (BDA) helps generate new business for The Block Research by effectively and efficiently researching, engaging and connecting potential customers to the sales team to drive “top of the sales funnel” activity and generate pipeline. In addition to prospecting sales opportunities in the market, the BDA also serves as the connection between Marketing & Sales by planning and executing campaigns to engage target personas and accounts within designated territories. The BDA is responsible for scheduling qualified Initial Sales Meetings each month and assisting account executives with surfacing new logo opportunities to ultimately drive revenue. The BDA role is ideal for goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales experience within a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and contact prospective clients using both in-bound leads and outbound prospecting strategies, including cold-calling
- Promptly respond to potential Member inquiries generated through Marketing efforts
- Work closely with Marketing team to take qualified leads and convert them to discovery calls
- Partner with account executives to create customized territory plans Identify organizations that fit the ideal customer profile and then research relevant contacts for outreach
- Create personalized email campaigns to engage prospects and generate demand for The Block’s products and solutions based on the organization’s business priorities
- Coordinate internal staff to ensure the right individuals are present to support a client conversation
- Prepare team members for external meetings by providing relationship background and corporate news and profile
- Record and maintain outreach records in CRM system and provide up-to-date contact information and notes for leads and contacts
- Track and report on individual progress to monthly and quarterly goals for initial sales meetings and pipeline sourced
- 1 year of professional experience, including internship and externship roles
- An interest in the evolving crypto and digital assets industry
- Ability to quickly build relationships with senior level professionals and work well under pressure
- Propensity to ask probing questions to match the prospect's challenges with The Block’s services
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Impeccable time management and organizational skills
- Adaptable to changing startup environment
- Collaborative spirit and results-oriented
- Hit individual goals while staying invested in the team’s larger revenue success
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.