An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Consultant to join our commercial team. ICON is a dynamic, fast-paced and friendly environment that will suit a competitive individual who has the passion to develop high-value business opportunities through direct sales, account management and partnerships.
Due to our consultative approach to sales, experience in the ICT sector is a must, while a background in Business Analysis, IT Advisory and/or Technical writing is considered an asset.
ICON is an award-winning tech company with over 19 years’ experience in providing digital transformation advisory and execution services to help customers achieve efficiency, growth and profitability.
ICON is a Microsoft Partner and is built on a team of brilliant and highly trained individuals which work on local and international projects across various industries and sectors. Several of its projects have been hailed as best practices and/or case studies in the digital field.
All our processes are governed by ISO9001:2015.
Why Work at ICON?
- ICON is a fast-growing technology company which focuses on business development activities across Europe.
- ICON is an ISO 9001 accredited company with partner ties to Google, Microsoft and AWS. The environment here is charged: intelligent co-workers and projects of great interest.
- The culture is informal. See what it’s like to work here.
- ICON has a well-designed open-plan office overlooking a green area in San Gwann, Malta.
- Free fruit, tea and coffee whenever you want.
- Heavy investment in training and continuous professional development.
- Time to relax in our comfy lounge area or challenge your colleagues to a game of table soccer.
- ICON promotes a healthy work-life benefits and offers numerous family-friendly
- Attractive remuneration with an uncapped commission structure.
- Click hereto see what it's like working for ICON.
About the Role:
The primary role for this position is to generate new business opportunities within the European market place, for the various services that ICON offers including IT Advisory, Digital Transformation, Custom Web Development, Customer Software Development, Cloud Hosting and Managed Support Services.
- Direct lead-generation activities including but not limited to participating in events and online webinars, building and segmenting target lists based on the opportunity potential, sending email marketing campaigns, cold-calling, participating in online webinars and so on.
- Conduct the initial analysis to qualify the opportunity based on pre-defined metrics.
- Nurture the leads through regular follow-up, sharing though-leadership content, and identifying synergies for collaboration.
- Coordinate with the Head of Business Development to transform leads into business opportunities for the various services offered by the company including IT Advisory, Digital Transformation, Custom Web Development, Customer Software Development, Cloud Hosting and Managed Support Services.
- Conduct high-level requirements analysis to determine the customer’s business objectives, project scope and high-level functional and non-functional requirements.
- Prepare a proposal and diligently follow through with the prospect. This will require individuals who have an all-round ability to (a) clearly articulate the customers’ needs, (b) outline the solution that ICON is proposing (be it Advisory, Custom Web or Custom Software) – based on the inputs provided by the team, (c) highlight the benefits that the solution aims to provide and (d) ensure the commercial terms are aligned to the customer’s requirements and ICON’s strategy.
- Negotiate contract terms (with the assistance of the Head of Business Development) to close the sale and proceed to contract signing.
- Participate in the internal and customer Project kick start meeting.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify opportunities to grow the account.
- Protect ICON's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Maintain and update all contact information using the supplied CRM package.
- Represent ICON at events and conferences - as a participant, or a speaker.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in ICT or Business.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Software Sales and/or Business Analysis/IT Advisory.
- Excellent communications skills in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to elicit and document requirements in a clear and concise fashion.
- Ability to interpret customers’ requirements and collaborate with the web and software development team to identify the best technical and commercial solution.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple proposals and tasks at a time.
- Own transport or hold a driver's permit for at least 6 months.
- One signed, positive reference from a previous employer.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for the following behaviour skills:
- A competitive spirit and confidence.
- A consultative and professional approach to selling.
- A well-developed capacity to ‘close the sale’ and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A thorough understanding and ability to operate effectively within the sales cycle.
- Able to thrive under high pressure and consistently delivering top-quality results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with stakeholders in a professional and ethical manner.
- Mission driven: The ability to understand the big picture and easily translate it into objectives and actions.
- Flexible: The ability to adjust to changing priorities and operate effectively in a fluid environment.
- Multiculturalism: ICON welcomes other cultures and speaking a second language apart from English will be consider a plus.