Who we are:
Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who are you:
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for administering and organizing assigned projects from the initiation phase through to closing phase.
What you'll do:
This position ensures that all projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards. This includes active participation in stakeholder management, risk planning and assisting in the management of project budgets and accounting.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Responsible for overall project execution success, serving as main point of contact for client and senior management for the project.
- Support all aspects of the implementation and progression of assigned projects, from original concept through project closure activities.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Coordinate definition of project scope and objectives.
- Assist in defining the resources required to support the project.
- Define high-level work plans, key project tasks and deliverables, and manage the integration of resources and knowledge across projects and tasks.
- Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline, dependencies, and critical path deliverables.
- Manage change in scope.
- Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues — communicating across leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date project document repository.
- Participate in establishing best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards and practices and serve as a key contact in the escalation process.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 1-3 years of experience in Project Management.
- 1-3 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, oral, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to successfully drive projects to completion while managing the right balance of process without burdening the entrepreneurial spirit of the company.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Self-motivated and decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience negotiating vendor/client contracts a plus.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project team sizes, including internal and external resources.
- Experience in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the capabilities of the PMO.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides). As well as Excel.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP (full-time employees only)
How we work:
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.