This position leads our Business Development strategy and manages Sony Music’s business relationship with our digital partners in Greater China. In this role, you will be an expert on the digital accounts you manage and will develop projects and initiatives that optimize revenue / opportunities for Sony Music’s artists under these accounts.
As an expert on the digital platform/accounts, you will boast strong business relationships with current digital partners across Greater China and will play an integral role in developing partners, gathering, and synthesizing deal requirements to drive win-win outcomes in negotiations and partner development to grow digital revenue, streaming and market share for Greater China.
What you'll do:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Partnership Development
• Define partnership strategies, build a robust new digital business pipeline, and execute go-to-market plans to achieve market share, revenue, and chart KPI’s in line with company priorities
• Optimize Sony Music’s revenue in each account while initiating and delivering projects that enhance account level opportunities.
• Represent Sony Music’s interests to partners and cultivate strong, meaningful relationships, setting long-term strategies to optimize existing results and revenue/opportunities for Sony Music artists on these accounts.
• Source requirements, design deal parameters, plan the negotiation strategy and execute negotiations with key digital partners in Greater China, encompassing both new local partner deals and renewals.
• Project manage across various activities related to the partner and their platforms. This could include collaboration on content strategies, reporting integration, ongoing analysis of partner performance, problem solving, or driving marketing & promotional initiatives with large streaming accounts to maximize revenue.
• Act as our negotiation and strategic lead with SME’s digital partners in Greater China. Communicate and evaluate deals to key stakeholders and senior management
• Develop and execute new revenue programs related to existing partners and seek new / diverse partners to drive broader partner engagement and additional revenue.
• Identify, plan and execute new strategic opportunities and / or opportunities for campaigns that can lead to revenue increase and drive long-term growth
• Influence the platform through strategic diversification to strengthen brand collaboration with local DSPs and increase market share
• Conduct business planning and forecasting, implement and maintain regular communication of Partner updates & insight.
• Establish transparency on partner performance and make recommendations to correct any under-performance.
• Educate internal stakeholders at all levels on best practices, operational procedures and complexities, analytics, and other opportunities related to our digital partners.
Who you are:
• An experienced negotiator with a proven track record of leading complex and innovative global agreements with large digital platforms
• Proven stakeholder management skills across all levels with the ability to build strong, successful relationships founded on collaboration.
• Expertise in most business models in the digital content space, including streaming, download and user-generated content.
• Solid overall understanding of the value chain and touchpoints across streaming platforms and recording companies.
• A pro-active and resourceful goal-getter who can flourish in a fast paced and hectic environment by identifying opportunities, coming up with creative solutions to maximize those opportunities, and driving plans through to completion.
• Commercial acumen: Consistently applies ingenuity, strategic thinking, and discipline to discover, prioritize, and realize revenue opportunities for Sony Music. Strong business acumen, anticipates developments and captures opportunities for innovation and growth through high-quality thinking and decision-making, negotiating and building on strong commercial insights or knowledge.
• Insights & Execution: Focuses on results, leveraging available data & resources and solving problems creatively to get the job done.
• Leadership: Builds and leads high performing, resilient and diverse teams. Unites and mobilizes effective teams around a common purpose with space to grow through feedback and coaching
• Strategic decision making and action: Leads and makes timely decisions with the bigger picture and long-term vision in mind i.e., Takes care of the business today while actively preparing for tomorrow
• Relationship management: Build trusting and long-lasting relationships with artists and their ecosystem, as well as with external and internal stakeholders; creating a network of connections and building credibility and rapport at all levels of the business
• Business development: Posses relevant skills and strategies enable the business to grow and expand its operation.
• Technology: Active interest in leveraging new and emerging Technologies (particularly generate AI tools) to drive innovation across the business, create efficiencies and navigate this rapidly changing technological landscape.
Knowledge and skills
• Knowledgeable in established and emerging platforms.
• Strong knowledge of key digital formats, digital distribution systems in the music business landscape and media industries.
• Creative pitching skills.
• Proficient knowledge of copyright and agreement knowledge.
• Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in business and/or digital marketing a plus.
• Excellent spoken and written English and Mandarin a must
What we give you:
• An opportunity to influence the strategic direction of our China business
• The ability to be innovative and have an impact on the domestic music industry in China
• You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
• A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
• We invest in your professional growth & development
As an active part of a culturally and socially diverse society, Sony Music’s aim is that our workforce is diverse and inclusive. Sony Music is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
We employ, retain, promote and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants according to their merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We apply this policy without regard to any individual’s sex, race, religion, origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability.
Enter your email address below to get notified whenever we find a similar job post.
Unsubscribe at any time.