Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is a Business Development Executive important to us?
Would you like to own driving revenue and customer engagements for the largest 3D printing service company in the additive manufacturing industry? Would you like to be a part of a rapidly growing team focused on increasing adoption and utilization of 3D printing in the Enterprise space?
The Shapeways Business Development team is dedicated to developing solutions that make it easy for customers to integrate 3D printing into their normal process flows and help them derive a higher ROI from using this new technology.
Shapeways Business Development Executives are an integral component of the team as a key customer-facing representative. As a Business Development Executive, you will have the exciting opportunity to drive the full sales life cycle of enterprise businesses, from prospecting to strategic account growth. The ideal candidate will have B2B sales experience including identifying, developing, negotiating and closing large scale deals, will also be a self-starter with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
As a Business Development Executive you will:
- Develop a customer acquisition and account management plan within assigned verticals, including but not limited to:
- Develop and nurture prospect pipeline, utilizing high level of lead generation activities that are created through outbound activities
- Engage in discovery with customers to advise on ideal solution utilizing a diverse suite of product features, to include diverse material and additional service offerings
- Exceed targets for customer acquisition and end user specific revenue
- Strategically manage relationships with multiple senior stakeholders within prospect and customer accounts.
- Analyze sales data from your accounts to evolve your strategy
You might be a good fit if (you have/are):
- 5+ years of B2B and/or Enterprise sales experience with a focus on hunting new business.
- Experience in identifying, developing, negotiating, and closing large-scale purchasing contracts and business contracts
- Experience in positioning and selling innovative solutions to new customers and market segments (Ideally Additive Manufacturing)
- Proven track record in identifying and pursuing a large number of accounts over the phone and webinar, with ability to close in person as needed.
- Ability to think and act independently within a fast-paced multi-task driven environment.
- Experience in proactively growing customer relationships within an account while expanding their understanding of the customer’s business.
- Strong ability to communicate and present to internal and external senior leadership.
- Ability to travel for internal business presentations and customer meetings.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of sales experience selling to Fortune 5000 senior leadership.
- 3+ years of sales experience selling to SMB and enterprise customers; domestic and international
- Entrepreneurial background with proven ability to deal with ambiguity, pivot quickly, adapt new process and run fast.
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth. We put creators first. We are adaptable and resourceful. We focus on results and are all in. We are committed.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer great medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to the employee. We pay 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus 5 sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life. Also, this year we piloted Summer Friday’s!
- Health & Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to Fond.co to standing desks to a pilot program with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy