Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
If you're an aspiring business development / sales person who wants to be at the forefront of the scaling houses of the future as 'Zero Bill' homes then read on...
Here at Octopus Energy we have pioneered the Zero Bills tariff, a first-of-its-kind smart tariff which guarantees new build homes zero energy bills for a minimum term of 5 years. Octopus is now looking for a Business Development Executive to join the team to work with housing developers and all those connected to the house building industry to identify new-build developments which would qualify for Zero Bills.
For housing developers, the residents and Octopus the Zero Bills tariff is a win-win-win - Zero Bill homes are selling faster and for more! The role of the Business Development Executive will be to identify and influence stakeholders from board level, technical and commercial to scale Zero Bill homes into the tens of thousands across the UK.
What you'll do
- Work through the existing pipeline and develop new accounts to influence the required Zero Bill spec into the pipeline of housing developers
- Think strategically how to prioritise your pipeline, who to target and the stakeholders you need to influence
- Be able to articulate the technical requirements for a Zero Bill home in layperson terms to stakeholders of all levels so they can design and build homes to the Zero Bill spec
- Keep up to date on new building standards, the housing market and pressures of the industry to become a ‘market expert’. Use this knowledge to translate the benefits of Zero Bills as a way of overcoming these challenges to benefit the developer
- Attend house building events and tradeshows to build relationships and generate new leads
- Work closely with other teams within Octopus to develop new business opportunities for install contracts for the low carbon tech when the opportunity arises
What you'll need
- Strong communication and presentation skills to engage with different stakeholders from the house building industry
- Organised with an acute attention to detail. It is necessary to keep the sales pipeline up to date and always have next steps planned for each account
- A start-up / entrepreneurial mindset being able to adjust to change and keep up with a fast-moving business
- Previous experience from a related industry (construction, low carbon tech or energy) is a plus but not essential
Why else you'll love it here
Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people. We’ve also been placed in the top 10 companies for senior leadership
- Visit our UK perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.