Stripe makes it easy for any developer to access and manage the capabilities of the financial system. The Business Development team in EMEA is responsible for the strategic technology and payment partnerships required to offer these capabilities globally. In particular, we manage a large and growing number of partners that enable us to successfully launch new markets and empower our users to expand their business internationally.
Stripe is live in 32 markets today and we’re rapidly expanding across the globe. We’re looking for someone to join our team to manage existing strategic partners, identify new opportunities to expand and grow these relationships; define our payments partnerships strategy in the region, as well as scope and secure new partnership opportunities. We’re look for someone who can build deep relationships with partners and work cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to launch new products and services. This role is based in London, and will require frequent travel to meet with partners in the EMEA region, and to our headquarters in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to develop and execute partnership strategies to improve and differentiate Stripe’s products.
- Structure and negotiate deals with partners capable of expanding Stripe’s payment method coverage and geographic expansion.
- Work with teams including Sales, Legal, Marketing, Financial Crimes, Legal, Policy and Finance to launch and manage partnership programs, to develop of Stripe's ecosystem.
- Manage and strengthen relationships with key Stripe partners.
We’re looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience in business development, product management or similar roles at a technology company.
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for Stripe to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with Stripe’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships, especially with a “users first” mentality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
Nice to have:
- Domain expertise in payment methods.
- Fluency in two or more regionally relevant languages.